This evening went way down hill

sbrunell
on 10/31/08 1:12 pm - Bensalem, PA

Ok...so I took the Buzz Lightyear and Jessie the Cowgirl out trick or treating....and came home to let me dog inside....he was not as responsive as when I call him.

I found that he had cornered a black and white friend in the backyard.....and now stinks to high heaven.  Trying to wash him up (I know what to do....baking soda and Hydrogen Peroxide w/ some dish soap), but damn he stinks!

And the skunk is still alive....but won't leave my back year....

Dog is in the basement.....*****ing to come up....I stink of skunk.....

It's going to be a long nite!

Steve Brunell
RNY  5/16/08
The first day of the rest of my life
Dr. Pupkova

(deactivated member)
on 10/31/08 1:32 pm
Ohhhhh....I feel for you.   Its has never happened to my dogs (knock on wood), but my coworkers dog seems to corner skunks on a regular basis....I hate to tell you, but it takes her a VERY long time to get the smell out of the dog and the house.  She uses tomatoe soup.

Just a thought, but if you dog has long fur, you may want to consider shaving him down....at least you would be getting rid of the stuff that was most saturated with the sink. 

Gotta love our furry little friends!
Patricia R.
on 10/31/08 2:29 pm - Perry, MI
When I had a dog, it got skunked once.  I had to use about a case of tomato juice, as she had long, thick hair.  After the case of tomato juice, I used a bottle of dog shampoo.  Fortunately, it was summer, and I was able to wash her outside with the hose.  Of course, I was soaked and smelly afterward. 

Sorry your trick or treating was more trick than treat.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Pam Hart
on 10/31/08 5:40 pm - Easton, PA
Well that just sucks.

I hope everything worked out for you!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
tlfa227
on 11/1/08 12:46 am - Lemoyne, PA
Not sure if you got your skunked smell gone but had it happen to my cat years ago and a friend of mine told me to use peroxide and dish soap...1qt of peroxide , 1/4 cup baking soda and a tsp of liquid dish soap.  You might have triple the recipe but it really does work!
Theresa
Ready4 AChange
on 11/2/08 7:56 am - Upper Chichester, PA
Sounds like you got more of a trick than a treat....Hubby said try tomato juice.

Sandy  

ribbon.gif image by Ready4Achange Remember.......  Click to Give .....Hunger, Breast Cancer, literacy, rain f                                                                                         orest, animal rescue and CHILD HEALTH

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views