Anyone in the York area?

(deactivated member)
on 10/31/08 3:20 am
Im 5 years post-op and wanting to get back on track. Things by no means have gotten too far out of hand. Over 5 years I have gained 20 pounds but still managed to keep off 140.

I have been very sick this past year and come to find out its from NOT following the rules & NOT taking my supplements so now my B and Iron are drasticly low. Im working on that and thought that getting back to the boards would help me get everything back in line.

I'd love to have some people in my area for a little local support.

Thanks - Jill
dit657
on 10/31/08 4:14 am - Boothwyn, PA
First congratulations on maintaining such a significant weight loss 5 years out - that's wonderful! Sorry to hear you've been sick but its good to know what you have to do to turn that around.

I am an old York girl myself - born and lived there a good portion of my life - now I live in the Philly area but I know I've seen people on these boards from the York area, so you should be able to find some support out there.

Welcome to the PA boards - this is a great place for every day support, so if you can't find a good group out there you can always come here.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
jojobear98
on 10/31/08 4:33 am - Gettysburg, PA
I am only a hope skip and a jump from York. Just down Route 30. I am 4 years post op. So we are with in same time frame.

Send me an email through here or if you have a myspace..........look me up there!

www.myspace.com/jojo586

Good luck and get in touch with me if you have the chance.

When life hands you lemons, ask for tequila & salt and give me a call!

Nicole0216
on 11/1/08 9:17 am - Lancaster, PA
i live in lancaster. I was thinking of trying to get together an graduates support group for our area
(deactivated member)
on 11/1/08 1:41 pm
Sounds like a great idea. Keep me posted - I'd love to take part. One of the reasons I stopped going to my local support meetings was because it was so much the same thing over & over. After about a year & a half out I just didn't feel like I fit anymore.
Pam Hart
on 11/1/08 8:06 pm - Easton, PA
I don't think I'm in your area...

But I wanted to welcome you to the pa forum!  This is a great great great group of supportive people who are always willing to lend a hand and a sound word advice.

I'm glad you are back on track with vitamins and what not.  The lack there of can really cause some damage to your body - especially the b vitamins can be irriversable as far as neurological disorders.

Welcome back to the boards - catch your slips early -and keep on successing.  We don't generally say "success" or "successful" because as one of the members...Shauna....said...successful means it has stopped.  And we don't ever want to stop!

Welcome!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views