YAY PHILLIES....SO MUCH EXCITEMENT TODAY

EileenWalton
on 10/30/08 11:52 pm
Boy, am I getting caught up in all the momentum today.  When I got in to work today (in Center City) people were already lining up on Market Street.  My building is at 18th and Market so we are right in the middle of it all.  My office sent an email late yesterday afternoon allowing us to dress up in Philly gear and jeans and will be supplying Hot Dogs, Tastykakes, pretzels and nuts (don't worry, I won't go near any of that).   It's now only 9:30 and everyone is in party mode!  The building has allowed some police officers to set up a table to sell shirts and other Philly paraphenalia, with all proceeds benefiting PAL.  Yes, I was able to purchase a shirt....X-LARGE...yay.  And yes, I actually have jeans on.  I'll be posting a picture on my blog if you're interested.  Can't wait for noon!

Oh, and HAPPY HALLOWEEN everyone!
Eileen

CherylT
on 10/30/08 11:56 pm - Perkasie, PA
Have fun out there and stay safe! It's a wonderful time!

I was able to grab some World Series Phillies shirts from work----we got some shipments in last night----I got 7 of them! There are a COUPLE perks to my job.

EileenWalton
on 10/31/08 12:07 am
Thanks Cheryl, I will.  I won't venture past my building.  Hopefully I'll be able to get OUT of the building!  There are soooo many people here already.
Eileen

bubble273
on 10/31/08 12:01 am - Levittown, PA
WOOOOOHOOOOO, Eileen!!!  A pair of jeans!!!!!!!!  Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyy for you!!!  I can't wait to see you all dolled up in your Phillies gear and jeans!!!  I'm sure you'll be looking smokin'!!!

Have fun watching the parade.  If Connor didn't have his Halloween parade and party at school today, I would have totally taken him on a ride on the train down to Center City to go watch the parade.  Bummer it's on Halloween.  But that's okay...hopefully they will win again next year!!!

Karen

bubble273
on 10/31/08 12:05 am - Levittown, PA
Eileen,

Is that a regular t-shirt or a sweatshirt??  I totally want to get something with long sleeves, not the short-sleeved stuff.  But that shirt looks very nice and comfy.  You look great!!!  I posted a comment on your picture!!!

Karen

EileenWalton
on 10/31/08 12:09 am
Love your comment.  Thanks. 

I'll run down to the lobby to see if they have any of the long-sleeved left if you want one.  They were $35.00.  What size do you want?
Eileen

bubble273
on 10/31/08 12:17 am - Levittown, PA
Oh, Geez, Eileen...I can't afford that much.  Garry was able to get one for $15.00.  Proabably not as nice.  But I think I'll pass on the $35 one!!!!  But thanks anyway.

Karen

Melanie B.
on 10/31/08 12:18 am - Doylestown, PA
We're trying to get down to the Parade and all the trains are packed and they are not letting people on board. drats. look slike we might have to drive.

EileenWalton
on 10/31/08 12:41 am
Wow, that's kinda scary...no more room on the trains.  I seriously would reconsider driving.  Most of the streets are already closed.  Unless you park somewhere outside of the city and then take public transportation in.  Good luck....hope you can make it.
Eileen

dit657
on 10/31/08 1:02 am - Boothwyn, PA
You look fabulous!!! Love the shirt and an XL - you go, girl!! Sux they're not having any WLS friendly food, but its all about the celebration and day, not the food, right! I worked at 15th & Marked (the old 3 Penn Center) for years and started there in '81, so I missed the '80 World Series festivities - they're saying on the radio that the trains are packed and people are pouring into downtown already - have a great time!!

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views