1st Barix Saturday support group tomorrow! Who will I see???

Mary Benford
on 10/31/08 12:25 am - Emmaus, PA
Hopefully Dennis doesn't think I'm stepping on his toes!  Just a reminder!

As announced at the last Barix post-op meeting the Barix First Saturday meetings will commence on November 1.  We will hold these new meetings on the first Saturday of every month. That's this Saturday.

They will be open to pre-ops and post-ops, Lap-Banders and RNY'ers. This new meeting will be posted here and on the Barix messageboards and promoted at the Langhorne clinic. In addition Barix will generate a mass mailing to all Barix Langhorne patients.
We are the only Barix location doing additional meetings like this and the size of our groups along with our popularity is larger than at any other Barix location. Our starting schedule will be 12P - 4P to start (but may expand) and we'll break into smaller groups based on what our large group wants.

Grouped by stage or type:

Pre-Op - 6 month
6 month - 12 month
1 year and over 
Lap-Bander Group
Mens Group

And/or grouped by topic are only 2 possibilities. We distributed a survey Wednesday night for your feedback. We'll query that data in the coming weeks.

These meetings have come about because of the huge need we have to supply:

More support than a once a month meeting will provide.
More time to provide meaningful support.
More groups offered to help intensify the focus while creating a more manageable group size.
A more convenient time for many who aren't able to attend on mid-week night.

We will continue to hold our 2nd Tuesday pre-op and 3rd Wednesday post-op meetings. 

Shauna Dhoble will be the SG Leader Coordinator for this first meeting. She will be the point person for the leaders who will lead our groups for the first meeting.

I truly can't wait to see those who are coming tomorrow!  I haven't seen some of you since APRIL!

<3

Success is a journey... not a destination!     

Dennis Belk
on 10/31/08 12:54 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hey Mary,
You've got to be kiddin'.
We are a fun-lovin' helpful group and I always appreciate the help I get here Everyday.
Love the reminder from you and besides I wouldn't want to be accused of getting
EVERYONE SO EXCITED! 
Actually, I can live with that.
See ya there!         

Dennis
dit657
on 10/31/08 1:10 am - Boothwyn, PA
I'll be there! This will be my first Barix post-op meeting and I can't wait. The Wednesday meetings are just too difficult for me to attend but this one is working out wonderfully - and after the meeting I can visit some friends who live locally, so it'll be a good day.

I'm thinking we might have as many people tomorrow as they're having at the Phillies festivities today!! LOL! Okay - maybe not THAT many, but I think there will be a big group.

Is anyone bringing clothing to exchange or give? I have several bags of good stuff in size L that I can't wear (yet) but somebody else might be able to wear now.

Thanks - Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Dennis Belk
on 10/31/08 1:16 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hi Kathy,
I look forward to seeing you there.
I hit the Barix messageboard and the ladies who hang there will be coming and Lyn from that board will also be bringing clothing.
EileenWalton
on 10/31/08 1:21 am
I'm trying desperately to be able to move some things around so I can attend at least part of the day.  I have persuaded two of my co-workers to attend.  They are not Barix patients, so I hope that's okay.  They are both 4+ years out and desperately need support because they have both gained some of their weight back.  I know they will be in great hands if I can't make it.
Eileen

Dennis Belk
on 10/31/08 2:50 am - Philadelphia, PA

Sure Eileen,
It's okay for your colleagues to join us.
We all understand how huge the need for support is.

EileenWalton
on 10/31/08 2:53 am
Thanks Dennis.  I know they were feeling a little uncomfortable but I told them how wonderful you all are.  I'll be sure to share your response with them.
Eileen

Arlene E.
on 10/31/08 1:57 am - Philadelphia, PA

Looking forward to seeing you and everyone else for our first Sat. mtg.

Arlene 

tammypa
on 10/31/08 2:00 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hi Mary,
 I will be there tomorrow!
Tammy
SPatel4
on 10/31/08 2:22 am - Levittown, PA
Mary,
I hope to be there for part of the day atleast!

-Shilpa

People comment on my over 100 pound weight loss and attribute it to my WILLpower, but it is my WANTpower: I WANT to be thin and healthy more than anything else! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views