Help getting back on track!

foreverbusy
on 10/29/08 11:25 am - Glenside, PA
Hi all,

I have been away from this site for far too long!  I'm 4 years out, and in the last year or so, i've slackked off far more than i realized at first.  I've gained back about 30 lbs of the 150 i lost, and i need help getting back on track.  My first step was to return to the place I first got support and found friends.  HERE!

Does anyone know of a support group in the Abington, PA area?  One that is for post ops as opposed to those thinking about the surgery or just post op? 

Thanks for any help you can give this slacker. :)

Dawn
(deactivated member)
on 10/29/08 11:36 am
Welcome back!  I could be wrong but I am almost positive there is a support group at Abington Hospital.  Look back a few pages and you will find a posting about it.

Heather
Cheryl S.
on 10/29/08 1:22 pm - Millsboro, DE
Hi Dawn,

I am holding grad (>1 yr out) post-op meetings once a month at my house in Doylestown once a month.  The next meeting is on 11/22.  You would be more than welcome to attend.  Also, there is a post-op meeting at Barix in Langhorne the 3rd Wed of the month at 7:00 pm.

Hope these help.
Cheryl
(deactivated member)
on 10/29/08 7:44 pm - Eastern, PA
Hijack!

Nice to see your smiling face Cheryl!
(deactivated member)
on 10/30/08 12:16 am
**hijack**

Cheryl I love your avatar you look awesome!
Laureen S.
on 10/29/08 10:50 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Dawn,

I believe Heather is right about there being meetings in the Abington Area.  I also want to let you know that we have support group meetings at Barix in Langhorne and they are not limited to just patients at Barix.  Matter of fact starting this coming Saturday, November 1, they will be adding to the meeting schedule, which is:

Saturday, Nov. 1 - 12 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Wednesday, Nov. 19 - 7 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.

The schedule at Barix for post-ops is the 1st Saturday of the month and 3rd Wednesday.  They also have a pre-op on the 2nd Tuesday of every month.

There are also people who host meetings in their homes, so check out the boards regularly and you will find exactly the support you need.

Glad you found your way back and looking forward to sharing your journey.

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Sweetkatie
on 10/30/08 3:34 am - Philadelphia, PA
I'm totally in the same boat Dawn... 3 years out and 20-25 lbs back on... Getting back to the support and back on track is essential and this is just the place to get started... I totally know where you're coming from and wish you all the luck in the world.. You'll do great.
5 years post-op (September 19th 2005)

Back on track... and enjoying the ride
bcutekitty
on 10/30/08 12:49 pm - Philadelphia, PA
omg Dawn how are you doing?i know you are looking for support groups in your area but i go to a few if you ever want to join me,send me a PM....BTW ITS Kim in case you didnt recongize my picture lol

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views