You know you spend too much time with other WLS people when.....

(deactivated member)
on 10/29/08 1:18 pm
...you forget NOT EVERYONE in the world is a post op.

I was at pottery class tonight and one of the women was talking about being at her law firm's tail gate party for the Eagles game this week.  She was talking about all the food they had catered.  I almost opened my mouth and asked her if there was anything she could eat that wouldnt make her dump or hurt her pouch.    Geeze HG, get a grip....the whole world does NOT revolve around RNY!!!  That's the first time I forgot that everyone I run into is not a post or pre op WLS patient.  I am leading a double life LOL  I guess it was my blonde moment for the day.  I often forget that I am a post op, but never the other way around.

HG
Patricia R.
on 10/29/08 2:24 pm - Perry, MI
I can somewhat relate.  My sister is having lap-band surgery on the 10th of November, and I keep thinking of all the rules I have to follow in respect to her.  She won't have to worry about dumping or all that fun stuff, though she will be in need of protein, just as I am. 

I am making her a gift basket with some AnyWhey, some Isopure Grape Frost, some sugar-free Instant Breakfasts, and a Tupperware Shaker Cup.  I figure that should get her started.

hang in there.  Eventually, the world will realize what poison sugar really is, and it will be less popular.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

(deactivated member)
on 10/29/08 3:57 pm - Santa Cruz, CA
Drop in a bottle of Trader Joe's B12 Sublinguals!
Liz R.
on 10/29/08 9:12 pm - Easton, PA
LOL heather! So true! I am having a big party this weekend and almost forgot to get the regular soda and make desserts that have sugar in them! I am so used to making things sf - most of my family eats them and loves them.

(deactivated member)
on 10/29/08 9:33 pm - Poconos, PA
LMAO! I do the same thing and believe me, we're not alone and it doesn't end with just the foods people are eating. I was at a support group meeting last night and the woman sitting next to me turned to me and as god as my wtiness asked "So are you just thinking about having the surgery or are you already scheduled?" Now many of you know that I've lost 256 lbs and I weigh 130 so I'm rather small. I wasn't sure if she was talking to me or not and had to ask her. She took a double take and realized what she had just said and then apologized saying she's just so used to asking that now it's an automatic thing for her when she meets new people at the meetings.

Hmmmm, now that I think about it, you weren't in Stroudsburg last night by any chance were you? LOL
Dennis Belk
on 10/29/08 10:44 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Geez Val,
I missed that. I guess I should've got there on time. LOL.
Poor woman.

Dennis
(deactivated member)
on 10/30/08 2:22 am - Poconos, PA
I felt bad for her because she seemed really upset at first and just kept apologizing but when I started laughing and said it was ok, she saw that I was cool with it and not mad or anything so she started laughing too and everything was fine. Then we just kept talking like it never even happened.
dit657
on 10/29/08 10:15 pm - Boothwyn, PA
You crack me up!! But our world is so focused on what we can and cannot eat, etc., that I think we just forget sometimes.

I had dinner with 3 friends last night who all know about my surgery and are extremely supportive - the only thing one of them asked was if I really had to watch what I eat anymore, and I gave her a short answer, and that was the last we talked about it - and it felt so wonderful and so normal - and I ate a very small portion of my dinner then asked for a container for the rest - and it all seemed so normal - nobody commented on how much I didn't eat, etc.. I like normal!!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Pam Hart
on 10/29/08 10:37 pm - Easton, PA
LOL Heather!!

That's ok - we like that you hang with us!!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Dennis Belk
on 10/29/08 10:46 pm - Philadelphia, PA
It would've been great if she answered, "yeah , it was those dang sugary sauce-laden BBQ ribs, again."
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views