OT - but curious... what does everyone do for a living?

Liz R.
on 10/29/08 4:57 am - Easton, PA
I am glad that I asked! We are one amazing and diverse group of people!!
Heather Kimmey
(Ward)

on 10/29/08 5:22 am - Harleysville, PA
Liz, Great post. You know what I noticed too, very few of us have jobs that are similar - very diverse group here.

Anyway, I am a Commercial Account Exective for an Insurance Agency. I got into insurance over 14 years ago for a large company, now I work for an agency. It's crazy busy work, but I love it!!!!

Heather Kimmey (Ward)

prettydee7
on 10/29/08 5:30 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Im the executive assistant for a woman that runs a family owed commercial real estate co.  We own property that houses wal-marts, sams clubs, cvs's, walgreens, grocery stores  and post offices across the country
lauraanne715
on 10/29/08 5:46 am - Pottstown, PA
Liz--This is a great idea.  I am a teacher in a small catholic school,I teach grade 2.  I am currently finishing up my MBA and then will be going back to get my secondary ed certification with a concentration in English so that I can transistion into the high school.  Eventually I would like to open an academic and developmentally geared child care facility or charter school.  Or become a mommy....if that is to be!!

THanks!!
Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

Patricia R.
on 10/29/08 6:31 am - Perry, MI
Liz,
This is so interesting.

I have two jobs.  Monday through Friday, from September to June, I teach 7th grade social studies at Baldi Middle School in the School District of Philadelphia.  This is my 17th year in Philly, only my second year in this school. 

Every other weekend, I am a therapist at Brooke Glen Behavioral Hospital in Fort Washington, which is a psychiatric hospital for acute patients.

Three years ago, I earned my Masters in Social Work at Temple University, and someday hope to retire from Philly and do social work full time. 

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

MsDeniseinPA
on 10/29/08 6:39 am - PA
I'm a recruiter for a staffing firm, but I work on-site at a client staffing their temp and temp to perm light industrial and clerical positions.
dawgpound215
on 10/29/08 7:23 am - Philadelphia Area, PA
Hi everyone . I work for Verizon Telephone Co.,  formerly Bell Atlantic and Bell of Pennsylvania . Was Bell of Pa when I got hired 15 years ago. I started out as a 411 Directory Assistance Operator. For the past 8 years I have been a Outside Plant Technician, fancy term for a Telephone Lineman. Basically we are the guys who place the poles , place and remove telephone cable. Currently FiOS is the big deal , so we are re-wiring everywhere to provide Fiber Optic cable service across the suburban Phila area , for TV/Phone/Internet. Im a union member of CWA (Communications Workers of America)

Low angle view of a lineman repairing telephone lines on the telephone pole (255-6384 / 44-2698)

GD_007
on 10/29/08 12:58 pm - Drexel Hill, PA
sorry to hear that... :)
-GD
Laura C.
on 10/29/08 7:28 am - Carbondale, PA

I throw out all the W's at the M&M factory!!! LOL

Actually I am full time National Guard. I don't know how many remember, but when I had my surgery I was a phlebotomist working for the Red Cross. After I started losing my weight I applied for subsequently got a full time position with the Guard. All the same pay and benefits afforded active duty soldiers except I stay right here in PA. Kind of Awesome really!!! In fact, I think I uploaded a picture of me in uniform when i uploaded some new pics yesterday.

baby
oobiebus
on 10/29/08 7:51 am - pottstown, PA
I am very proud to say i am A School Bus Driver! Yes i take kids to and from school five days a week and yes you would consider me a glorified babysitter !I love my job!Trish

My Angel is  Jeanne2036  

I Am Officially At Goal!Yippeeeeee

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views