OT - but curious... what does everyone do for a living?

Nicole0216
on 10/29/08 4:44 am - Lancaster, PA
who also do consulting for hospitals in the region with bariatric programs aiding them with their support group structures through a company called Lookin Tashrink Inc. This group also offers life coaching services for the weight- challenged.

WOW Dennis  my jaw dropped. I was like no he didnt start this company and not tell me.
So if you do,,,,,,sign me up. I will be your first employee
Dennis Belk
on 10/29/08 12:19 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Believe me Nic, when it comes, you'll know.
Pam Hart
on 10/29/08 5:28 am - Easton, PA
Dennis,

You let me know when LookinTaShrink comes to full fluitition (sp) cause you got a nurse who would love to work with such a company!  I hear that the bosses are great, too!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Dennis Belk
on 10/29/08 12:23 pm - Philadelphia, PA
I hear ya Pam.
Ohh boy, what did Liz start? LOL.
WOW!
(deactivated member)
on 10/29/08 5:39 am - Poconos, PA
(deactivated member)
on 10/29/08 5:45 am, edited 10/29/08 5:46 am - Poconos, PA
Ah Ha! I knew it! Dennis was the one behind that whole Janet Jackson superbowl peep show not being on a time delay! It's all so clear now my friends, all so clear..lol
*Jennifer Juniper*
on 10/29/08 10:02 am - Philly Girl, PA
LOL very funny Val!

Sheesh I need go back to school or something. You guys all seem to do something fun and interesting, I'm just  a internet/telephone CSR for Movies Unlimited in Far Northeast Philadelphia been there 6 years. I swear it is Hotel California, you can check out but you can never leave! I have tried several times!

Jennifer* 

"If you see a man on top of a mountain, he did not fall there"
Dennis Belk
on 10/29/08 12:44 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Actually Val,
YOU ARE QUITE RIGHT!
Well, in a way.
I was there on that eye-opening day.
We did have a delay going, but it was only 5 sec. and it was only for profanity or questionable audio - NOT JANET'S TROPHIES. And you know, it happened SO fast.
The company's biggest concern that day was Kid Rock singing his song earlier and since he was endorsing Coors Light at the time the concern was he may mention that product in his song on a broadcast that was heavily sponsored by Budweiser.
Well that didn't happen, but what did happen triggered major delays in all live broadcasts since and had networks creating video covers and audio muting to avoid it in the future.
CBS and some of it's affilliates were fined and CBS had to build a profanity room to delay and prevent such things to the tune of a million bucks to prove to the FCC they were serious about no more ***** on the telly. OOOPS, sorry.
Nicole0216
on 10/29/08 4:47 am - Lancaster, PA
Ok so I am obviously having issues posting.

I think most of you know what I do but I will lay it out.

IN the evenings i work for CBHNP as a Clinical Caremanager providing
precerts for IP MH and SA tx.

During the day I am a Psychotherapist and see Clients at Life Span Psychological Services in Lancaster.

I am also working on developing a training for clinicians to introduce them to the WLS patient and give them tips on how to work with this population.

I am also an Adjunct Professor at HACC in Lancaster PA
Laureen S.
on 10/29/08 4:51 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Wow, what a great post, funny how we are such a diverse group. . .  Hey I'm a surfer. . .  web surfer that is, but seriously, boring is what my job description is nowadays. . . 

Executive Legal Secretary at an International corporate law firm with 22 offices throughout the world.  The office I have worked in for the 12-1/2 years I have been here is located on 5th Avenue and 52nd Street in Manhattan, which is two blocks from Rockefeller Center, St. Patrick's Catheral and Radio City Hall.  My commute, via car, train to train and then subway is 5 hours per day.

At one time I loved my job, now I love the paycheck, as the job is not what it used to be, in other words, I am not very challenged and under-utilized due to the current state of the economy, as well as the fact that many of the things that I once loved doing, attorneys do for themselves, leaving me with the administrative stuff they don't want to be bothered with.  However, not to be negative, I am very grateful for this job and the fact that they have allowed me, since June of 2007, to work only 4 days a week, longer days so that I am still considered full time and qualify for benefits, but the salary is still greater than anything I would make closer to home and now that I work 4 days a week, the quality of my life is greatly improved!  Would I consider closer to home?  Absolutely, if the right situation presented itself in a more stable enconomy, now is not the time to make a change for me. 

Aren't you glad you asked

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views