OT - but curious... what does everyone do for a living?

kimmiep621
on 10/29/08 11:08 pm

I go to the meetings all except this last meeting.  I always sit with stefanie, beth, lesley and the girls.   I dunno about getting hubby to the meetings,  he stays home to watch the kids,  i want him to go i would really love for him to get the surgery too, but i'll talk to him.  he loves to talk about work so that might make him inclined lol

327/307/192 (-135 lbs)
consult/day of surgery/current 

GD_007
on 10/29/08 11:49 pm - Drexel Hill, PA
Hey - whatever works :)  I'll sit and talk to him about work almost all evening ....

Later,
-GD
Arlene E.
on 10/29/08 1:18 am - Philadelphia, PA

Great Idea Liz

As many know, I taught in Philly for 34 years and retired last June (07).  I now teach education courses  at Chestnut Hill College as a part time adjunct but took this semester off to travel ( China next week) and have abdominoplasty.

It is very interesting to find out what people do.  Jobs always sound fascinating to those who do not do them. LOL

arlene 

Lslaven
on 10/29/08 1:27 am - Philadelphia, PA
Great idea Liz.

I am an oncology nurse at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania on their bone marrow transplant floor.  I am doing exactly what I love to do and thankful that my body will now cooperate to allow me to do this type of work.

Linda
(deactivated member)
on 10/29/08 2:35 am
I had my radiation treatment at U of P in 1998....the nurses were great (although, they had to slide my food trays into me while standing behind big metal barriers because I was in isolation for 3 days.....they were very nice from the doorway though LOL
Marlo71
on 10/29/08 1:39 am - Harrisburg, PA
Hi everyone!  I finally got a chance to get on here and catch up!  This was great, Liz, its neat to see what everyone does! 
I am an Executive Assistant to the VP of Operations for a human services Agency here in Harrisburg. www.keystonehumanservices.org   Though we have 11 Agencies in over 20 counties!  We specialize in MH/MR programs, autism and Head Start programs. My Boss is also the CEO of a new Agency that will over see a new State Program for adults with Autism. There are no programs out there for this, so we are excited.  When this program is up and running I will be pretty busy i think!   I have only been in Admin for 2 years and have sure found my calling.  I got promoted within a year and I just love it.  I was a Housing Counselor for years and years teaching First Time Home-buyer workshops and doing Credit Counseling, etc.  ( I could have told the Govt this housing crash/foreclosure thing was coming along time ago).  But no one listens...lol 
OK well I better get back to work now, before I am sitting home full time!  

-Marlo 

rita61677
on 10/29/08 2:05 am - Philadelphia, PA
rita61677
on 10/29/08 2:05 am - Philadelphia, PA
I work for the CIty of Philadelphia in the Department of Humans Services. I was a Social Worker for 8 1/2 years in Child Welfare but I got a promotion about a year ago and now I'm a Program Analyst in Contract Administration and Program Evaluations.  Basically, I do evaluations of the agencies who provide services to the children and families in Philly - whether it be in home services or foster care.

I also work in center city at 16th and cherry - so I'm right down the street from a few of you!!!!
Arlene E.
on 10/29/08 7:35 am - Philadelphia, PA
rita61677
on 10/29/08 2:06 am - Philadelphia, PA
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views