OT - but curious... what does everyone do for a living?

Shan08
on 10/30/08 12:07 am - the Skook, PA

Well, I am a Day Treatment counselor at an alternative education program for at-risk teens.  Basically, the kids are either in placement, about to be placed, or on probation, etc.  Many have been kicked out of their school districts for various behavioral problems...  I do group counseling on various topics like anger mgmt., peer relations, chemical dependency awareness, communication, family issues, coping skills, etc.  So anyway, yeh, it could be a  tough population, but once in a while you can make a difference, so it makes it worth it.  :)  Many of them (most) have been through a lot in their young lives and have simply acted out in response. 

"If you want something bad enough, you'll find it.
If you don't, you'll find excuses."
ellie443
on 10/30/08 12:13 am - Pittsburgh, PA
I worked for many years as a diet tech at a local teaching hospital. 

I was the one everyone complained to about hospital fooed.  I also helped in running the tray line in the evening and did some teaching to the patients.

I am now on disalibily due to a long list of medical problems
Mary Benford
on 10/30/08 1:55 am - Emmaus, PA
I'm also a teller supervisor for East Penn Bank, and I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE my job.

I started here in January as a teller, and was promoted to assistant supervisor, and then supervisor over the last few months.   It's funny because I've been in banking for YEARS (not 30 though!) and never got a promotion.    I come here after I had my surgery and a super boost in confidence, and get promoted...   TWICE!

Everyone has such cool jobs!

Success is a journey... not a destination!     

Jackie W.
on 10/30/08 3:51 am
Finally someone else with the same job as me!!  I don't know about you, but I feel so much more confident after surgery!!!  Great job on getting all the promotions so quickly!!!  It must feel so good!!

There are never any problems, only solutions.  quoted by a dear and special friend!!!

My stats:
Starting weight 234 lbs    Height 5 ft 6 in
Goal in 7 months (127 lbs)
Currently: 120-123 lbs
Tops Small   Bottoms size 2!!!!
UPDATED: 11/11

(deactivated member)
on 10/30/08 12:21 pm
Whoo hoo gf....I didn't hear the news about promotions!!!   Good for you!
karmie001
on 10/30/08 3:54 am - Feasterville, PA
I know I haven't posted in quite some time but wanted to drop a line.  I'm a legal assistant in Trevose, PA
KimZ
on 10/30/08 12:14 pm - PA
I'm catching up on posting and this isnt an easy question to answer in 3 words or less.  

I'm an independant Project Manger working on large scale ERP projects.  Basically what that all means is that I have my own little company (with 4 employees) and we work with various clients (domestic and global) on projects that either implement new or upgrade existing software packages (primarily PeopleSoft, Oracle or SAP) relating to Human Resources, Payroll, Benefits and Financials.   

In the last 16 years I have done over 18 projects working with clients such as Chicago Tribune Companies, City of NY, University of Texas, UDEL, AIG, GMAC, Symantic, Legg Mason......  The upside is that I really like what I do.  The downside is that periodically I have to travel a lot which equates to me missing my kids A LOT.

Kim Z

Jan K.
on 10/30/08 12:48 pm - Was Jenkintown, PA but now NYC, PA
Hi Liz, great post, am jumping on late though.

I am a computer teacher at 2 Catholic elementary schools in Queens, NY.  I teach Pre-K to 8th grade and have just under 700 students that I see once a week.  I'm at one school 2 days a week and the other 3 days a week.  No place to really cal home.  I hope to return to PA after this school year.  I miss you folks!

Oh yeah, I am also a nun.

Jan
         You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
                                                                                 --Mahatma Ghandi 
                                 Celebrate Life, L'Chaim, Peace, Shalom

marsha62865
on 10/30/08 7:43 pm
WOW all your jobs sound so offical......... well i have worked in a factory for 21 year we make wooden baskets made out of maple all by hand,,,well and feet lol ....we weave the baskets wet ...when dry we rim them .....and press rivets in them buy foot (lol).... and then we sand them....so my job is boring but I must say I love it.....when I was heavy I did this at home cause I didnt wanna be around anyone then after years I went to work at the factory.......I do need to get another job but just cant seem to get out of there lol...Love Marsha

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views