Six Month Reflection

Lslaven
on 10/29/08 1:11 am - Philadelphia, PA
6 months ago today, I was barely able to walk.  I had high blood pressure, diabetes, an autoimmune disorder which made me have 5 times the normal inflammation in my body, GERDs, asthma, arthritis and pain in every joint in my body at all times.  I was a ticking time bomb just waiting for my life to end.  I was 44 years old and felt like I was 90.  I wanted to walk, dance, play, but all I could do was feel pain all over my body, every day of my life which limited not only my movements but my spirit. 

At that time, if someone had told me give me 6 months and I will change your life, I would have thought they were a quack.  I would have asked what kind of magic wand they had or more importantly, what kind of drugs they were taking.  However, this is just what Dr. Boe and Barix Clinic have done. 

Today, on my six month surgiversary, I have lost 102 pounds (85 from the date of surgery, 17 from the pre-surgery liquid diet), 118 1/2 inches over my body, and most importantly I have lost all my health problems and pain.  I am like a new woman. I walk, dance, sing, and totally enjoy life.  I am living now, not just surviving. 

While I still have 28 pounds to lose and various areas of my body to tighten up, I thank Dr. Boe, Barix and of course GOD for turning my life around and making it worth living again.  The best part of this journey has been all the incredible friends I have made.  They are always right by my side cheering me on, encouraging me when I am down and picking me up if I fall.  I couldn't have done any of this without all of them and my family. 

So, thank you all for sharing my journey.  What a wild ride it has been and will continue to be, but I would not change it for the world.

Luv Ya All,
Linda
EileenWalton
on 10/29/08 1:18 am
Don't forget to thank yourself for all your hard work.  Dr. Boe gave you the tool...but you have really worked it.  And all that hard work has truly paid off.  You looked incredible the last time I saw you.  Congrats on your accomplishments and future successing!
Eileen

Lslaven
on 10/29/08 3:29 am - Philadelphia, PA
Eileen:
You are so right.  It has been hard work but definitely worth it.  All those days I walked when I really just wanted to lay down on the sofa and rest.........hard work.   Learning what foods work for my pouch and what foods don't......hard work.  New lease on life......priceless.  Glad to have you along on this journey with me.  You have been an incredible inspiration. 
Linda
(deactivated member)
on 10/29/08 1:19 am
Linda,

I am so happy for you~ You look beyond words these days you are a sexy hot Momma! Plus I have seen your bad self out on the dance floor all night long.

I will never forget that first pre-op meeting you had come on sat next to me introduced yourself and we have been friends since. You are a true blessing and someone that I am honored to call friend.

We have had so many good times and a few rough spots  the last few months with our WOW moments and silly laughs. I can only wait for the next 6 months to see where we are a year from now.

I love you Girlfriend....
Lslaven
on 10/29/08 3:34 am - Philadelphia, PA
Beth:
It has been truly a blessing to me to have you in my life as a friend.  It seems like we go through everything together......from being postponed for surgery at the beginning of our journey to the new found G most recently.  I don't know what I would do without you and truly value you.  By the way girlfriend......you are looking quite hot your darn self.  John even said "Wow, Beth is looking really good." 
Luv Ya,
Linda
Arlene E.
on 10/29/08 1:55 am - Philadelphia, PA

Linda

You have made this change in your life by all your hard work and determination.  You hung in for so long coming to meetings and chatting on OH just waiting until you got the surgery. Now you have a new lease on life and are enjoying it tremendously.  Keep up the fantastic work!!!!!

Arlene 

Lslaven
on 10/29/08 3:36 am - Philadelphia, PA
Arlene:
I remember thinking so many times that I would never have surgery.  Now, six months later, it was a battle that was definitely worth the fight.  Thanks for being there with me through the struggles as well as the good times.
Linda
(deactivated member)
on 10/29/08 2:17 am
Linda,

You have done an amazing job!!  I remember meeting you for the first time in Harleysville when you were still a preop.  You have come a long way baby!

Great post!!!

HG
Lslaven
on 10/29/08 3:38 am - Philadelphia, PA
How about it Heather.  It seems  like just yesterday that I was struggling with insurance attempting to regain my life.  Thank you for all your support.  You have been such an inspiration to me.
Linda
tammypa
on 10/29/08 2:27 am - Philadelphia, PA
Linda,
All I can say is - WOW!
You have had a wild six months - so many wonderful changes!
Such a cute Little Red Riding Hood.
Tammy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views