"Halloween Resolution"

Pam Hart
on 10/28/08 11:23 pm - Easton, PA
I remember Norm's post from last year...I believe his wording was "I'm drawing my line in the sand here and now" to not eat any halloween candy.

For those who dump - it's a given (myself definately included after my escape w/ a twix bar yesterday)

But I do know it's not so much leading up to Halloween that's the problem...at least where I work...it's the weeks after Halloween when parents are taking candy from their kids so it's "not around the house" for them to eat....and big bowls begin appearing which leads into thanksgiving desserts and then Christmas treats.

So, I am drawing my line now and especially with the stress eating I know I can do....

I will NOT partake in the salty crunchy carbs that will also be around
I will NOT be tempted to make myself miserable dumping

I WILL have fresh apples and veggies on hand to crunch if I need to.

Any other Halloween resolutions out there?

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
(deactivated member)
on 10/28/08 11:27 pm - Eastern, PA
I'm in.

Going shopping for our Trick or Treat candy tonight.

And it's not for me!
Liz R.
on 10/28/08 11:32 pm - Easton, PA
I made sugar cookies with my little cousins last week and I took 1 small bite of the dough that was it.

I vow not to lay a finger on a "real" halloween treat. I will subsitute with something "safe" if I feel the need and will stay within my guidelines.

It is my vow to stay away from things that I know will make me sick and to make smart choices.

MY smaller healthier waistline will give me the power to be bigger then the temptations!

Together we can get through this!!!

Liz

As my grandmother would say "I am woman - hear me roar"!
dit657
on 10/28/08 11:34 pm - Boothwyn, PA
As you know the candy in the bowl doesn't tempt me one bit - fear of dumping is a good thing!! I do buy a small bag of sf dark chocolate from time to time if I really get a craving for chocolate, and one piece is enough to fix that itch.

I'm the carb queen, tho - and even tho I buy 'good' carbs (soy chips, etc) I still munch on them way too frequently (which probably explains my big old stall right now), but my body (or mind) craves the damn salt!

I don't buy candy to give out at home - we live in a 55+ development and don't get kids, but I know there will be bags and bags of it coming in here after Halloween - last year it would have killed me - this year, not so much!

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
EileenWalton
on 10/29/08 12:18 am
I still haven't tempted the sugar devil yet....I am satisifed with my SF puddings, etc.  However, I need help with the carb monster.  Can I jump on that bandwagon with you?  Maybe what I need is a group resolution.
Eileen

Pam Hart
on 10/29/08 12:59 am - Easton, PA
Jump on!
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
GD_007
on 10/29/08 12:33 am - Drexel Hill, PA
well....I've not dumped yet (al least I don't think I have)....so I'm still scared about the whole thought. 

Halloween *should* be a breeze.

I might be the freaky house that hands out Splenda packets and Greek Yogurts :)  or protein packets of Chocolate Unjury.....ya, right.

We've got our 4 bags of KitKats, M&Ms, Reeses Cups and such for tonight.  We've agreed that any left overs will either be brought to work, given to one lucky kid, or THROWN OUT!!

-GD

tammypa
on 10/29/08 12:37 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hi Pam,
I live in a condo and we do not have many kids in the building - hence I am not buying any
candy.
But, you are correct about those bowls of candy that show up at work right after Halloween.
I call them "poison".
I do not eat them as I dump and I do not want to be sick.
I will carry with me chocolate protein bars to help when I need a fix.
Tammy
Lslaven
on 10/29/08 1:41 am - Philadelphia, PA
Pam:
I am in on this resolution.  I really do not tempt the dump monster by eating any sugar, nor will I, but those carbs.......they are sneaky demons.  I must try harder to avoid them and eat healthier snacks so carrots, peppers and cauliflower baggies here I come.
Linda
Mary Benford
on 10/29/08 2:32 am - Emmaus, PA
No stupid candy for me!!!!

I'll munch on anything healthy I can get my hands on :)

Success is a journey... not a destination!     

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views