"Honey are you picking up weight?"

dreamgirl119
on 10/28/08 8:07 pm, edited 10/28/08 8:08 pm - Lansdowne, PA
WOW! Somebody slapped me and bought me back to reality.  Yesterday was my Tuesday out with my Mother and the Seniors.  As everyone knows yesterday was not a good day to be going to Atlantic City, NJ with all the rain and bad weather, but the trip could not be canceled.  Because I'm always COLD anyway, I was wrapped up like a mummy with a pair of thermal underwear, thermal socks, a wool turtleneck sweater, a lined sweatsuit, hat and a coat.  Now, when I went up to the front of the bus to get a cup of coffee for my Mom one of the ladies asks me "Genie, are you starting to put your weight back on honey?"  "WHAT!" are you freaking' kidding me?  Can the two or three pounds I picked up be showing that much!?   Now I will admit I haven't been exercising and I've been snacking here and there, but the question showed in my face because when I got back to my seat my Mom wanted to know what the hell was wrong with me.  When I told her about the comment, she said don't worry about it.  Yea, okay little lady only weighing 135lbs soak and wet; a reality check fof me to get my butt back in the groove and back on track and the program BIG TIME!
rita61677
on 10/28/08 8:12 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Sounds like all the clothes you had on was what showed. not the 2-3 pounds. BUt you should get back into exercising - its hard to get back into it once you stop. I never feel like going to the gym but I know if I dont go I will feel so guilty. and then once i go i feel like a million bucks.
dreamgirl119
on 10/29/08 4:02 am - Lansdowne, PA
When I got home I stood in front of the mirror and looked at myself...especially my face.  It didn't look any fatter to me, but it is a wake up call and motivator to do something as far as exercising goes.
shoutjoy
on 10/28/08 8:14 pm - Culpeper, VA
Don't you like totally hate that?  People think they mean well, but it hurts to the core!  This is where self confidence comes in.  If we live by the way others feel about us, we don't have a chance!  As long as you are working the program and seeing results, that's what counts!  Knock 'em dead this summer with a sexy outfit on your beautiful body!  Winter is for keeping warm.  I look heavier too with all the layers. 
dreamgirl119
on 10/29/08 4:06 am - Lansdowne, PA
Yes, I had on a a couple of layers and the sweatsuit was still too big
Arlene E.
on 10/28/08 8:54 pm - Philadelphia, PA
 Are you certain it wasn't those thermals adding some fluff?   You gotta love little kids and little old ladies for saying whatever is on their minds.   Comments like these certainly are hurtful, especially when they concern our weight.   When we feel there is truth to them, it hits hard and can be the kick in the butt we need  to get us on the right path.   It's amazing how we still think that the weight might magically stay off when we stop doing what we need to do to make it work.   You will have that lady eating her words.  

arlene

dreamgirl119
on 10/29/08 4:16 am - Lansdowne, PA
Hi Arlene,
Good to see you.  Yes, the thermals added a whole lot of fluff!  I love the "Biggest Loser" I going to hire either Bob or Jillian (preferably) Jillian to give me a kick in butt workout for about a week.  Maybe two days,   she's kind of ruff.
Dennis Belk
on 10/28/08 10:32 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Hey Genie,
Whatever is REALLY getting you motivated, use it. Whether it's that comment OR what you really know to be true, you need to get back into your program. Use whatever you need to get back in the groove. Insensitive comments, not feeling healthy, a small weight gain, or that healthy FEAR of getting fluffy again, use em all to get you successing, again.

Dennis  
Pam Hart
on 10/28/08 10:37 pm - Easton, PA
It definately sounds like the clothes played a part in it.

However...if it's the kick in the a$$ you needed in order to get back on track with exercising and what not - then go ahead and thank that lady for showing you that path.

You're still beautiful...keep on successing!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Laureen S.
on 10/28/08 10:51 pm - Maple Shade, NJ

I'm sure 2 or 3 pounds did not show, but whatever gets you back to working your tool properly, that's the winning ticket if you ask me. . .  good luck and have a great day!

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views