Venting

retta0426
on 10/28/08 1:14 pm - Middletown, PA
Today must have been one of those days. All three kids were fighting, non-stop since they woke up this morning, the baby has been cranky and everyone (minus the baby who can't speak yet) is blaming ME for their horrible moods. Why? Because I refused to take them to McDonalds or "anywhere decent". They are "sick of eating all that good for you junk and want some REAL food, NOW". I feel like I've been in front of a firing squad most of the day. I had to take my lunch break to drive the whole way home because there was something wrong with the circuit breaker. As soon as I got home, two of the three kids started right on me about what "horrible food" I was going to make them for dinner tonight. I told them, if you don't like what I make, get a dam job and buy your own food from now on, I'm sick and tired of being yelled at everyday and quite frankly, I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired. AND, I'm tired of giving in to everyone and being miserable while I do it, then promptly went back to work and didn't eat anything for lunch because I was to pissed off. The icing on the cake, the school called and my youngest, who is not so little, (17 yrs old) was kicked out of school today and is suspended tomorrow. Why? Because someone called him racist and he laughed and told him to shut the f**k up because he doesn't know him. Ok, so I grounded him for using the f word and because he really should learn when to walk away and when to stand and fight his battle. (granted, everyone knows my child is not racist at all, he just said he doesn't know if the rest of our country is ready for Obama to be President, don't know if I agree, but the boy is entitled to his own opinion) Now had he spoken his opinion politely and respectly, I wouldn't have cared and wouldn't have grounded him.
I drove mom to work, and I'm sitting in her office, trying to figure out how I'm going to stay away from the junk food that seems to be calling my name now for the drive home. I have my cup of ice and my pack of sugar free gum, which normally helps, but honestly, I really could stop at McDonalds and get one of the ice cream sundaes and that would just make me feel so much better... for a whole two minutes. So I guess I will live with my ice and try not to think to much about all the junk my brain is telling me I want.
Tomorrow HAS to be a better day!!!
(deactivated member)
on 10/28/08 1:38 pm
You know what....your threat of them getting a job and buyin their own food sounds like a good idea.  You shouldnt have to support all of them (ok...the 17 year old yes, but not the others).  Or, give them the money you spend on food (minus what you need for your "good for you junk") and let them do the grocery shopping...see how far they can spread the money, plan their own meals, do their own cooking and clean up their own mess. 

Some day...they will all grow up and move out...and they you might even miss them LOL 

HG
retta0426
on 10/28/08 2:01 pm - Middletown, PA
I made it home, actually pulled into McDonalds, but didn't go to the drive thru. I sat there and cried for about five minutes and decided this just wasn't the road I needed to be on then left the parking lot.  I ate most of the cup of ice before I pulled up to the house. The first thing my daughter said was, did you bring me some food home. My response, did you get a job since I left the house, I think not, so there is your answer.
I'm going to bed in hopes of a better day tomorrow.
Pam Hart
on 10/28/08 3:52 pm - Easton, PA
It's been a bad day all around it looks like.  Good for you for sticking to your guns.  Earlier Tuesday was when I grabbed a twix bar and ate both pieces.  Didn't feel any stress relief and then was sick from the sugar.

Hang in there darling - and know that you are doing what is best for you AND them...and if they don't want that - then that's fine - they are old enough to do exactly what you said...get a job and do their own meals.

Hugs!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
shoutjoy
on 10/28/08 8:28 pm - Culpeper, VA
I feel for you and your kids.  I don't think the kids understands what you are trying to do for them and yourself.  Talking to someone about these food triggers and learning  NOT sucomb to them while allowing your kids to enjoy an occasional treat may be good.  They are being kids.  Very self focused.  Huuugz! 

Paula
(deactivated member)
on 10/28/08 10:10 pm
Good for you for resisting the McD's (I swear Ronald is the freakin' devil!)

I hope today is a better day for you.

HG
(deactivated member)
on 10/28/08 10:54 pm - Eastern, PA
My advice:

For the next week, prepare meals for only you and the baby.

Let the ingrates starve and see how eager they are to eat your "horrible" food after an entire week of fending for themselves.
Laureen S.
on 10/28/08 11:07 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Retta,

I'm not sure how old your kids over 17 are, but if they are over 18, they should be contributing, not complaining about the food you serve or buy and put in their dishes. . .  I'm with Norm on this one.

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views