Barix's 1st First Saturday is this Saturday.

Dennis Belk
on 10/28/08 11:52 am - Philadelphia, PA
As announced at the last Barix post-op meeting the Barix First Saturday meetings will commence on November 1.  We will hold these new meetings on the first Saturday of every month. That's this Saturday.

They will be open to pre-ops and post-ops, Lap-Banders and RNY'ers. This new meeting will be posted here and on the Barix messageboards and promoted at the Langhorne clinic. In addition Barix will generate a mass mailing to all Barix Langhorne patients.
We are the only Barix location doing additional meetings like this and the size of our groups along with our popularity is larger than at any other Barix location. Our starting schedule will be 12P - 4P to start (but may expand) and we'll break into smaller groups based on what our large group wants.

Grouped by stage or type:

Pre-Op - 6 month
6 month - 12 month
1 year and over 
Lap-Bander Group
Mens Group

And/or grouped by topic are only 2 possibilities. We distributed a survey Wednesday night for your feedback. We'll query that data in the coming weeks.

These meetings have come about because of the huge need we have to supply:

More support than a once a month meeting will provide.
More time to provide meaningful support.
More groups offered to help intensify the focus while creating a more manageable group size.
A more convenient time for many who aren't able to attend on mid-week night.

We will continue to hold our 2nd Tuesday pre-op and 3rd Wednesday post-op meetings. 

Shauna Dhoble will be the SG Leader Coordinator for this first meeting. She will be the point person for the leaders who will lead our groups for the first meeting.

I'd like to thank Shannon Arvay, Krista Conkle and Elena Brodsky of Barix along with all of our SG Leaders:
Shauna, Susan Burkett, Laureen Scimeca, Katie Reavis, Mike Materacky, Beth Cummins, Alicia Stover, Cheryl Schulman, Pat Delany, Mary Ivins, Norm Benford and Marla Lipkin for their participation. I'll be around as well. This effort requires many leaders and with this group we will always be able have the leaders required from month to month. When they aren't facilitating they will be like all of you and benefit from the gathering as patients. I plan on being a patient myself but I will always be here for all of you.    

So these meetings have finally become a reality, because you needed it.

We needed it.

Let's use it.   

Hope to see ya there,

Dennis

Mary Benford
on 10/28/08 6:06 pm - Emmaus, PA
Can't wait!

Success is a journey... not a destination!     

Mary Benford
on 10/28/08 11:29 pm - Emmaus, PA
Oh, and btw...   we're going to be pretty late getting there.  I wor****il about 1, so it'll be after 2 by the time we get there...   but we'll be there <3

Success is a journey... not a destination!     

Andy Kovatch
on 10/28/08 9:33 pm - York, PA

Hey Dennis,
This is my weekend without the kids, so unless something else comes up, expect to see me there.  I missed last month's postop meeting and, as I promised, I won't let myself fall out of the loop. All is going great and I look forward to seeing you soon my good friend.
Take care,
Andy Kovatch

"No matter how hard life may get, no matter how many curveballs you are thrown, keep in mind, if you want to succeed - QUITTING IS NOT AN OPTION"!!!

dit657
on 10/28/08 10:16 pm - Boothwyn, PA
I am so excited about attending the meeting this Saturday - this will be my first post-op Barix meeting and I can't wait! Thank you (and everyone who assisted) in getting these Saturday meetings on the schedule. I love having the connection with everyone on these boards but being with you all in person helps so much more.

See you Saturday!!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
CherylT
on 10/28/08 10:42 pm - Perkasie, PA
I'll be there.....bringing my belongings and moving in....lol.

;)

ladychief231
on 10/28/08 11:02 pm - Douglassville, PA
I'll be there. Looking forward to it.
Teresa

Teresa O

RNY 4/1/2008

PA

GD_007
on 10/29/08 6:47 am - Drexel Hill, PA
Dennis - I won't be able to come.  Too much going on with school and I have the Guys Night Out that evening....

Have a blast!
-GD
Laura C.
on 10/29/08 7:39 am - Carbondale, PA
Hmmm I am going to have to see if I can snag someone else to come down with me. I am definitely going out Friday night. I have been out of PA for two weeks, my friend miss me and it is Halloween. Plus I have a Halloween party Saturday night, but if I can find someone willing to get up that early to drive down with me, I just may show up.....
baby
Lisa0719
on 10/29/08 9:37 am - PA
is this exclusively for Barix pre or post op patients?  I had my RNY done at Temple but the Barix clinic is right in my neighborhood.  I would like to be able to attend a close support group.

104 lbs lost now Maintenance BABY!!!! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views