Having a bad day....stress eating to the max

deebatt
on 10/28/08 9:00 am - Imperial (Pittsburgh), PA
Have been waiting most of the day for mom to have medical testing and getting results of labs (she is battling ovarian cancer).   Results are stable and she is holding her own, that is a great relief.  We go thru this every 3 months but this time it is stressing me out to the max...well that and working five 10-12 hour days a week lately.  

I bought a new crockpot and tried making some turkey stuffing (wanted to test it out before trying the recipie for the family over thanksgiving).  Well the recipie was "ok" nothing i'd do again...but throughout the day i ended up eating almost the whole thing!!!!!!!  Now i am sitting here with a stomach ache and acid reflux.  OHHHHHHHHHH my aching belly.  I have been so good till now, i know i let the stress get the best of me.  And i am only heading into month 3 of my pre-op lifestyle classes/dieting.  If this makes me feel so phyiscally bad I can only imagine how dumping will feel.

OK so its back on track, getting a grip on myself and my stressors.  Just needed to vent.

On the positive side...My surgeon's office called me this past week to schedule my first pre op visit.  I go on november 21st.....i am sooooooooo excited!!!

~Denise
~ Denise 

Nicole0216
on 10/28/08 11:05 am - Lancaster, PA
I am thinking of you and your mom.

good luck with your pre op visit.

DOnt beat yourself up, we all eat when we arent hungry even now.
(deactivated member)
on 10/28/08 1:32 pm
I will send positive vibes for your mom.  You are dealing with a lot, I know how difficult a cancer diagnosis is on the family. 

Don't beat yourself up over the stuffing....We all did it pre-op and can still turn to food in times of stress as a post op.  Chaulk it up to experience and move on...tomorrow is a new day.

Great news on the pre op appointment!!

HG
dit657
on 10/28/08 10:09 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Go ahead and vent to us - we all understand stress eating and emotional eating. My mom was diagnosed with lung cancer a few years ago and it was a hugely stressful time for me - there was a lot of other stuff going on at the same time and I know I gained 35-40 lbs in one year - it was obnoxious. Thankfully it was BEFORE my WLS - not that I don't still stress eat at times, but its much easier to control now.

Am sending prayers and good thoughts your way for your mom and you...keep your thoughts on your Nov 21st date as much as possible - remember to take care of you, too.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Pam Hart
on 10/28/08 11:03 pm - Easton, PA
Glad to hear things look good for mom right now.

As far as the stress eating goes - you have the right attitude.  "OK so its back on track, getting a grip on myself and my stressors.  Just needed to vent"  That in your post said it all right there.  Dwelling on it will not make anything better.

And as evidenced by my twix bar encounter yesterday....it still happens...and you move on then, too.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
EileenWalton
on 10/28/08 11:22 pm

Glad your mom is holding her own.  A family illness is extremely stressful so we all undertand where you are coming from.  Just dust yourself off and get back in the ring....today is a new day. 

Good luck on your upcoming surgery!

Eileen

Lslaven
on 10/29/08 3:54 am - Philadelphia, PA
Denise:
Congratulations on yoru first preop visit.  This is such an exciting time.  Do not beat yourself up for having a bad moment it happens to all of us.  Before my surgery, I think I had 100 last suppers and gained about 15 pounds.  I will keep your mother in my prayers for her continued good results.
Linda
deebatt
on 10/29/08 10:28 am - Imperial (Pittsburgh), PA
I cant thank you all enough for your support, understanding, and words of wisdom.  Joining this group at the start of my journey has definitely been one of the best things for me...I am learning so so much.  I see the support you all give one another, and I am glad to be a part of this group.  I only hope that one day, once i am on the losers bench, that I can be as much help to others like you all are being for me.

Thanks!

~ Denise
~ Denise 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views