Possible tummy tuck!!!!

bubble273
on 10/28/08 4:00 am - Levittown, PA
Hi All,

Well, I had to go back down to Jefferson this morning.  The hole opening from where they took the g-tube out still had not healed up.  It's been a month and the surgeon said it should only be a few days.

Anyway, she goes, "It's not healing probably because of your excess skin folds."  So I jokingly say to her about getting a tummy tuck.  And she was like that is a huge possibility because it's becoming a chronic wound that won't heal due to the excess skin around my belly.  I was like, WHAT!!!  So she gave me a prescription for some kind of powder and a healing pad to get.  She told me to call her in two weeks to let her know what's going on.  If it's not healed, she will keep documenting it.  And if it's not healed a couple of weeks after that, she said it could be time to call the insurance company about a tummy tuck. So something good could come out of this darn hole not healing.

Can you imagine???  All the **** I went through and then to get a tummy tuck out of it for free!!!  WOOOOHOOOOO!!!  I'm not getting my hopes up; I just don't have that kind of luck.  But I actually don't mind if I don't have it done, because my whole body is a mess...what's the sense in getting one thing done if I can't get the other stuff done EVER!!!  So we'll see.  I'm still up in the air how I feel about it.  I'll keep you guys posted.

Karen

New_Beginnings_36
on 10/28/08 4:35 am - PA
Karen - Not sure if I should be happy for you that you might get a free tummy tuck or sad that your wound is still not healing :) I hope you are feeling well and it all works out in the end for you. You have been through so much over the last months, hopefully something good will happen :) 

<3 Stefanie    

way-of-life.gif image by SissyLalaSamantha
dit657
on 10/28/08 4:37 am - Boothwyn, PA
Your luck is bound to change - you've had enough of the bad luck - its time for you to get some good luck coming your way, so I'll keep my fingers crossed that this works out to your benefit and you can get a tummy tuck and have insurance pay for it - that would be awesome!! Having a wound not healing not so great - but if something good comes from it then all the better!!

Good luck with the healing and the tuck...don't worry about the other stuff - maybe something will happen for that, too - one thing at a time!

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Nicole0216
on 10/28/08 4:43 am - Lancaster, PA
That would be true justice.  I wish you luck
keri2008
on 10/28/08 5:11 am - PA
I think it would be ironic so it probably has a better chance of happening!  I'm sorry it's not healing but would love if you jumped on board the tummy tuck train because of it.

:0)
Shannon O.
on 10/28/08 5:58 am - Reading, PA
wow rock on... gotta love that... as my grandmother always said... god works in strange strange ways lol... but I am so happy for ya... but it does really suck that the hole won't heal up for ya!!! I know when I used a heating pad on my c-section site I was amazed how much water was stored up in me... so you might lose a couple of pounds of water weight as well hehehe...

GD_007
on 10/28/08 6:58 am - Drexel Hill, PA
Just awesome!!! 
-GD
(deactivated member)
on 10/28/08 7:04 am
I didn't know about the hole....if it gets you a free tummy tuck, then yahoo!!

HG
EileenWalton
on 10/28/08 8:40 am
Wow, congrats, I think.  I certainly don't want you going through more medical drama, but if you can get a tummy tuck out of it I guess it's good, right???
Eileen

cleos_mom
on 10/28/08 9:46 am - phila., PA
I hope your wound heals Karen.It would be nice to get a free tummy tuck. you have to start somewhere
good luck on all sides
Susan
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views