yogurt Questions...

(deactivated member)
on 10/28/08 12:26 pm - Poconos, PA
I checked the few Activia Light I have in the fridge and they're only 8-9 grams of sugar depending on the flavor. They taste great in my opinion and they can help keep you regular which is always a plus.

On a side note: I never realized people had a problem with yogurt and dumping. Is there really that much sugar in them? I never had a problem with dumping from them so I never checked it although I only eat the light versions. How much worse are the regular ones vs the light/fat free as far as grams of sugar?
Pam Hart
on 10/28/08 4:01 pm - Easton, PA
This is for the Dannon Lite and Fit Blueberry flavor  It is from their website.  I don't know how up to date it is.

Light & Fit Nonfat Blueberry
Serving Size: 6 oz; 170g

Amount Per Serving  

% DV*  
    Calories  60     
    Calories from Fat     
    Total Fat  0g  0%   
    Saturated Fat  0g  0%   
    Trans Fat  0g     
    Cholesterol  <5mg  1%   
    Sodium  80mg  3%   
    Potassium  230mg  7%   
    Total Carbohydrates  10g  3%   
    Dietary Fiber  0g  0%   
    Sugars  7g     
    Protein  5g  10%   
    Vitamin A    10%   
    Vitamin C    0%   
    Thiamin (Vitamin B1)    4%   
    Riboflavin    20%   
    Vitamin B6    4%   
    Vitamin B12    10%   
    Biotin    0%   
    Iron    0%   
    Vitamin D    20%   
    Calcium    20%   
    Phosphorus    15%   
    Magnesium    4%   
    Pantothenic Acid    6%   
    Zinc    4%   

*%DV means % Daily Value based on a 2000-calorie diet  

Ingredients:  
  NONFAT YOGURT [CULTURED GRADE A NON FAT MILK, MODIFIED CORN STARCH, KOSHER GELATIN, VITAMIN A PALMITATE, VITAMIN D3], WATER, BLUEBERRIES, CONTAINS LESS THAN 1% OF ELDERBERRY JUICE CONCENTRATE (FOR COLOR) MODIFIED CORN STARCH, NATURAL FLAVOR, SUCRALOSE, POTASSIUM SORBATE (TO MAINTAIN FRESHNESS), MALIC ACID, SODIUM CITRATE.  

And this is the link to the Dannon Website where you can look up their other flavors

http://www.dannon.com/ourproducts.aspx

And this is their link to look at the other products

http://www.dannon.com/ourproducts.aspx

I personally only use the greek ygourt and flavor it myself w/ sf syrups or splenda.

Good luck
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
dit657
on 10/28/08 11:30 pm - Boothwyn, PA
OK - I'm trying different things with the Fage yogurt myself - I need to mix my diet up a little and since the other yogurts have so much sugar I'm really working with the Fage. I bought a 7 oz container which they count as one serving, but it has 8 g of sugar, so I only ate half, and dipped an apple into it - that was okay.

Today I'm having the other half and added sf strawberry preserves and a sliced banana and its actually very good. A little Splenda might make it a bit sweeter but for me its good. Plus you can adjust how much of the preserves and banana you want to add. I think I'll keep getting this and experimenting - this one turned out pretty good. And this yogurt is more substantial than the other stuff, so it does seem to stick with you longer, and one 7 oz serving has 17 grams of protein - not too shabby....

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
(deactivated member)
on 10/29/08 12:23 am - Eastern, PA
Bear in mind that some of those sugars probably come from the milk itself in the yogurt.

That's why you'll never see truly "sugar free" dairy products - the natural sugars in the dairy.
Melanie B.
on 10/29/08 12:27 am - Doylestown, PA
On October 29, 2008 at 7:23 AM Pacific Time, NormanB258 wrote:
Bear in mind that some of those sugars probably come from the milk itself in the yogurt.

That's why you'll never see truly "sugar free" dairy products - the natural sugars in the dairy.
Yeah I get that part. But the Barix babies are told anything over 2G, sugar can not be in the top 5 ingredients. So i can have something with 20G of sugar so long as sugar is below ingriedient #5.

and I always thought fructose WAS sugar?

I think I'd rather be safe than sorry (or puking) and eat my greek yogurts.

Thanks everyone.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views