yogurt Questions...

Melanie B.
on 10/28/08 5:01 am - Doylestown, PA
OK, I think I'm losing my mind but I cannot find any yogurt that doesn't have more sugar than i'm allowed in it.

Dannon fit & Light - which i thought was sugar free has like 11G and Fructose is in the top 5 ingredients. The only yogurt I found that truly is sugar free is Bryers Light, but i can only find it in one store near my home.

Other than plain and greek yogurt, what yogurt do you guys eat?

keri2008
on 10/28/08 5:09 am - PA
Hi Mel,

I only eat the Greek but I did buy the Dannon Lite & Fit because it was less than 2 grams.  Is it maybe a specific flavor that's okay?  I think it's vanilla and the fruit ones I couldn't eat because of the sugar.  Sorry I can't be of more help!

k
Melanie B.
on 10/28/08 6:14 am - Doylestown, PA
On October 28, 2008 at 12:09 PM Pacific Time, keri2008 wrote:
Hi Mel,

I only eat the Greek but I did buy the Dannon Lite & Fit because it was less than 2 grams.  Is it maybe a specific flavor that's okay?  I think it's vanilla and the fruit ones I couldn't eat because of the sugar.  Sorry I can't be of more help!

k
this is what I thought too Keri, but my eyes are playing tricks on me or they changed the ingredients. I checked vanilla and it was atleast 11G in it.

did they stop making it with aspertame?

dit657
on 10/28/08 5:45 am - Boothwyn, PA

Yeah, yogurt sucks for us sugar-free babies - I can eat small portions of the Dannon Lite & Fit vanilla but no fruit flavors - I did try the Fage plain yogurt again today - tried it once and it was lousy, but today I cut up an apple and dipped it into the yogurt and that was pretty tasty. I have some sugar free jelly I was going to add - maybe I'll try that tomorrow. Bu****ch the sugars in that, too - I bought a small container and it states that its one serving but has 8 grams of sugar, so I only used half and was okay with that.

Yogurt is not WLS friendly....and you'll find that when something says its FAT FREE that means its loaded with SUGAR and vice versa - so be careful when buying things like that as well.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Liz R.
on 10/28/08 5:53 am - Easton, PA
Melanie - there is a brand made with splenda and I can't remember it now for the life of me. It comes in little cups packed in a box. I want to say that it is a dannon or a breyers. The box specifically states made with splenda and the logo - if I see it in the store tomorrow when I shop I'll write it down.

Liz
Shannon O.
on 10/28/08 5:55 am - Reading, PA
did you look at the right dannon light and fit... one is sugar free the other is carb controlled... we can't do the carb controlled one... but we can do the sugar free one... it has a splenda label on the front of it....

and most of the other brands have a sugar free version of it as well but they are made with asph- something (oh nutrasweet but it is listed the chemical name lol)....

Liz R.
on 10/28/08 6:03 am - Easton, PA
http://shop.mywebgrocer.com/shop.aspx?&sid=24787013&sid_guid=f0175eaf-ca54-4203-a740-1eb29cdc15d9&strid=434F532&catL0=570&catL1=-1&catL2=-1&catL3=-1&HasProducts=0&ns=1

Dannon light and fit - made with splenda, fruit flavors - 1 gram of sugars (from the milk)
This is on shop rite's website but I know Super Fresh and Giant both carry it as well..

Good luck!

Liz
Melanie B.
on 10/28/08 6:20 am - Doylestown, PA
On October 28, 2008 at 1:03 PM Pacific Time, Liz R. wrote:
http://shop.mywebgrocer.com/shop.aspx?&sid=24787013&sid_guid=f0175eaf-ca54-4203-a740-1eb29cdc15d9&strid=434F532&catL0=570&catL1=-1&catL2=-1&catL3=-1&HasProducts=0&ns=1

Dannon light and fit - made with splenda, fruit flavors - 1 gram of sugars (from the milk)
This is on shop rite's website but I know Super Fresh and Giant both carry it as well..

Good luck!

Liz
http://www.hungry-girl.com/week/weeklydetails.php?isid=1197

OK, I'm serious they freaking changed their formula for Dannon L&F. It is no longer made with sucralose. Seriously check it out the next time you are at the store.

GD_007
on 10/28/08 7:02 am - Drexel Hill, PA
Hey Mel,
Unless you're having problems with Fructose, fructose is listed as one of the tolerable sugars on the little wallet card I have.

I actually had 2 Dannon Light & Fits today and I don't experience any dumping.

-GD
cleos_mom
on 10/28/08 9:43 am - phila., PA
Hi
Danon light n fit just changed it's ingredients they said to make it better I thought it was fine it used to have 60 cal now it has 80 the label used to read NO SUGAR ADDED now it doesn't read  that but it is made with splenda I showed the container to the NUT @ Barix and she said we could have it
Susan
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views