Surgiversary of another kind....11 years

Nicole0216
on 10/28/08 4:48 am - Lancaster, PA
Thank you for posting. I appreciate your words of wisdom.
I am proud of who you are. I am glad to hear you are as well.

BTW my dad had thyroid cancer and he had his out with the radioactive tx.
That was 15 years ago no reocurrence. So there is good hope that you will not either.
(deactivated member)
on 10/28/08 8:10 am

Thank you.  I remember you saying your dad had Thy CA.  I had the radiation as well that January...january 16th actually....funny how we remember some dates and not others (like birthdays)

EileenWalton
on 10/28/08 8:56 am
What a truly meaningful and sincere post.  I knew you were a cancer survivor, but I never knew the story behind it.  It's means so much to me, and many others, I'm sure, that you would share that with all of us.  It really puts so much into perspective.  Continue to fight Heather.  The world would not be as good a place without you.
Eileen

(deactivated member)
on 10/28/08 1:22 pm
Thank you, Eileen...I feel like I haven't seen you in forever!  How are you doing? 
Dennis Belk
on 10/28/08 11:24 am - Philadelphia, PA

Well Hot Damn!
I know I'm inspired, and I got a set a balls.

You're the best baby!

Dennis

(deactivated member)
on 10/28/08 1:24 pm
How can I be the best, when you are already the best?? Got your snow boots on??

hg
Dennis Belk
on 10/28/08 10:20 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Yeah!
Both pairs.
Well it isn't really that bad, yet.
(deactivated member)
on 10/28/08 10:27 pm
I am going to be up there on the 14th for business in Newfoundland (yeah...I know...who goes to Newfoundland on business LOL).  IF there is no snow and I don't have to shovel, I will be up going up late Thursday night (with dogs in tow).  Definitely going to spend Friday night.  Better not be any snow up there....won't have time to dig myself INTO the driveway that morning before I have to go to the benefits fair I am scheduled for that afternoon. 

Dennis Belk
on 10/28/08 10:37 pm - Philadelphia, PA
OK, I'll keep ya posted.
Jan K.
on 10/30/08 11:20 am - Was Jenkintown, PA but now NYC, PA
Better late than never right?  Just got Internet back on.

GREAT POST Heather!  I knew you were strong but I had no idea just whay and what made you so, well, . .  healthy about life in general and about what matters specifically.  Keep sharing your stories.  It's real life examples that others need to know about . . . whether it's about cancer or weight loss, it helps to truly put a face and person behind the struggle and realization of what is possible.

Thank you!!!!!  Seriously, thank you so much.

Jan
         You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
                                                                                 --Mahatma Ghandi 
                                 Celebrate Life, L'Chaim, Peace, Shalom

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views