My turn to ask for prayers...

dit657
on 10/27/08 10:03 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Hi Family - I'd like to ask for some prayers for my niece, Leah (my brother's only child). She was admitted to Lancaster General last night - for about 2 months now she's been suffering with stiff joints (mostly in her hands) and severe swelling in her legs and arms. Its been intermittent so the doctors haven't been able to give her a good diagnosis. They thought it might be carpel tunnel - not - then they thought it might be Lupus, and I don't think they've entirely ruled that out, but I guess the pain and swelling and stiffness has gotten so bad that her husband has to pry her fingers apart in the morning so she can tend to herself. The doctor who has been treating her keeps prescribing strong pain medications which allow her to sleep for a few hours at night but other than that are doing nothing for the pain.

Leah has 3 boys - one who is 9, one almost 2 and the other one is about 7 months. After many years of heroin abuse, losing her first little boy, Cameron, who is 9 (and now adopted by Leah's mother and husband) and spending a few years in jail it seems she has finally turned her life around - she met a wonderful guy and was married last December and has been working again and staying clean. She and her mom have a good relationship and she's allowed to see Cameron a lot. Now this.

So would like to ask my OH family for some prayers for Leah and her family - we're just hoping they can figure out what is wrong with her and come up with treatment other than the pain killers (we're very concerned about her taking them because of her previous addictions).

Thanks - I know I can count on you guys - you're the best!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
(deactivated member)
on 10/27/08 10:07 pm
Absolutely Kathy!  I hope they discover what it is quickly so they can begin to address it. 

HG
EileenWalton
on 10/27/08 10:13 pm
Gee Kathy, that's a pretty sad story.  I sure hope they can come up with a diagnosis fast so they can get her back to her new life.  What a shame to have worked so hard to turn her life around and now this.  Many prayers and thoughts heading out to all of you.
Eileen

tammypa
on 10/27/08 10:18 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Kathy,
Will add the family to my prayers!
Hopefully they can get a diagnosis quickly.
This has to be so hard after all that she has overcome.
Tammy
Liz R.
on 10/27/08 10:18 pm - Easton, PA
Kathy - prayers, well wishes and positive thoughts headed out her and her family's way.

Have they tested her for Lyme Disease?!

Liz
dit657
on 10/27/08 10:24 pm - Boothwyn, PA
I'm not sure if they've tested her for that or not, but it might be a good one to look for.

When Leah was an adolescent she had seizures and they had her on meds for that - in her teen years they took her off the meds and she was fine, until a year or so ago when they started again, and she had a bad one during labor with her last child - so we're not sure if that has anything to do with all this or not. Could be so many things...

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
CherylT
on 10/27/08 10:21 pm - Perkasie, PA
Wow......poor girl. Hope she is better soon.

Arlene E.
on 10/27/08 10:32 pm - Philadelphia, PA

Kathy

I am keeping all of you in my thoughts and hopefully the Drs will quickly find an answer and be able to help Leah.

arlene 

Pam Hart
on 10/27/08 10:35 pm - Easton, PA
I will be thinking and praying for them!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Laureen S.
on 10/27/08 10:39 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Kathy,

I will be remembering Leah and her family, including you in prayer and positive healing thinking!  Please let us know how it goes for her in the coming days!

Healing prayers and thoughts, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views