approved for plastics

Nicole0216
on 10/27/08 4:13 am - Lancaster, PA
Hey. I was approved by my insurance company for my tummy tuck. Now i have to find the money for the breast lift. I am freaking out. I want to get this over with and have it done but I am very afraid of pain, complications and recovery time.  I know i need to do it because the skin causes me alot of anxiety. I get very negative about it. I have an appt on the 4th to finalize things. The sooner I have it the better.  I just need to get this over with. I AM SCARED
tammypa
on 10/27/08 5:05 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hi Nicole,
Well, first of all, I am so happy that you got your approval from the insurance company.

Sorry to hear that you are anxious about the surgery.  I think it is normal be somewhat scared.
I guess you should try to think ahead of how this will improve your life and focus on that for now.
Think about that flat stomach and perky breasts - smile.

Tammy
Nicole0216
on 10/27/08 7:38 am - Lancaster, PA
thanks. YOu are right boobs that I dont have to fold like a GAP tshirt would be nice.
dit657
on 10/27/08 5:06 am - Boothwyn, PA
First off congratulations on being approved for the tummy tuck - that's huge! You'll find the money for the other stuff.

I'm sure you're scared - is it because of more surgery and the thoughts that you're pushing your luck by having more? I think about that when I think about having plastics some day - its almost like 'okay - you're finally in a good weight range, just let it go' but I see all the loose saggy skin I already have (and those poor droppy boobies) and know that I am going to want to have something done.

You're going to be okay - talk with all the other people on here who have had plastics - it sure sounds like its worth it to me but it is surgery and we'd all be nuts if we weren't afraid of certain aspects of that.

You have a while to come to terms with all this - and you will...and we're all here to support you.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Nicole0216
on 10/27/08 7:39 am - Lancaster, PA
I guess once I have a date for it. I will come to terms with it and switch in to get er done mode.
Pam Hart
on 10/27/08 8:19 am - Easton, PA
**Message HiJack**

OMG KathyNo wonder people at the gym when you have gone haven't recognized you!  I'm glad I had read your response earlier because I wouldn't have recognized your avatar!

You look absolutely phnenomenal!!

Way to go, keep working girlfriend!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Pam Hart
on 10/27/08 5:07 am - Easton, PA
Nicole,

I am so happy the insurance approved you!  That's a big first step!

As far as the fears are concerned - all completely normal.  But you got through the gastric bypass and the pain assosciated with that.  Freaking out is totally reasonable - just remember why you are doing this and how much it will improve your life.

And of course - come vent to us!  That seems to help!!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Nicole0216
on 10/27/08 7:39 am - Lancaster, PA
I will definately vent.  I am very grateful because this will help me money wise to not have to pay the whole thing. But it is very REAL now,.
Liz R.
on 10/27/08 5:49 am - Easton, PA
Congrats Nicole!!! So exciting!! There are medical financing programs out there too - they let you pay monthly, we had to do it for Chris' dental work.

I would be very afraid of the pain too! Remember that I am not far from Poconos so if you need anything I am just a call away! 610-462-1204 is my cell if you or Jason need anything when you are out this way! You will do great and you have all of us behind you through it all!!

Liz
Nicole0216
on 10/27/08 7:40 am - Lancaster, PA
we will keep your cell number on hand. I will be fine because I will be knocked out on pain meds. It is jason i worry about
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views