Lesson & Highpoint

keri2008
on 10/26/08 8:22 pm - PA
To remind me to stay positive and focus on the positive:

SUNDAY LESSON
Understanding that they didn't operate on my head and knowing they didn't operate on my head are two very different things.  Call my counselor and schedule weekly appts. rather than biweekly, I need the support.

"In other words, weight-loss surgery alters more than a person's pant size."

HIGHPOINT
Realizing that I'm never alone in this and if I feel alone it's only an illusion.  I always have everyone here on the boards to go to when I feel. 

Hopefully some people will want to share theirs?????!!!!

Keri
J. M.
on 10/26/08 9:30 pm
Lesson...thinking you can be a smoker and a runner....not so much.

Because of all the stress Im undergoing, I decided that one cigarettte (sometimes 2) is better than drinking a bottole of wine after school....so....I started smoking.

Well- went for a run yesterday and was SO MAD at myself becasuse my lungs hurt.

So I came home and ran water over the pack of cigs and threw em in the garbage.

Seeing the doctor tomorrow...cant wait!

~ Jen   

Pam Hart
on 10/26/08 9:53 pm - Easton, PA
Good for you Jen!
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Pam Hart
on 10/26/08 9:53 pm - Easton, PA
Yesterday must have been one of those days.  The beginning part of the day went ok - but then my landlord came over...now he's  nice guy and all...but from day one...he just gives me this "creepy" feeling.  I can't place it...I just "feel" like he's not a nice man.  He has never done or said ANYTHING to back this up...

So anyway - he came over to work on portions of the house.  Brian was home and knows how I feel...but still...I was uneasy.  Then we went to dinner with brian's parents which is always not a good time.  Although last night went decently enough - I actually said to Brian "I had a nice time with your parents tonight"

And yet, when I got home - I was emotionally a wreck.  Perhaps its because we have 5 days until move day.  Perhaps its because of everything I was "exposed to" yesterday.  I dunno.

What I do know is that I began to eat.  First I had a piece of thin crust pizza left over from the other night.  Then about 45 minutes later I had 1/2 cup of sf/lf ice cream with berries on it.

I realized I wasn't hungry.  Didn't know what I was feeding, either.

So I did something I haven't done since being on full liquids post op.  I went to bed.  That was always my advice to those early out - and what I used to back then.  I looked at Brian and said "All I am doing is eating....and I'm not hungry...so I"m going to bed" And that's what I did.

I feel better this morning....

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
(deactivated member)
on 10/26/08 10:08 pm
Lesson....I need to plan and pay attention to what I am putting in my mouth.  Slacking off can get the ball rolling in the wrong direction and spark that desire for more crap! 

Highpoint.....running up my sister's steps to her front door in the rain (very steep hill) and NOT being out of breath.  Getting up and down off of the floor playing with my neice and nephew without struggling.  Getting my butt down onto a kid size step stool (plastic at that) and 1) fitting my butt on it comfortably 2) being able to get up again LOL and 3) not breaking the cheap plastic!  Keeping up with a 2 year old and a 5 year old is a lot of work, but wow...how much easier is it now than it was 2  years ago!!

HG
Lslaven
on 10/27/08 12:37 am - Philadelphia, PA
Lesson:  That even though I am getting smaller in size, it is still hard to wear clothes that fit right and show off skin.  I went to the halloween party with Kim this weekend and my costume made me feel very uncomfortable since I felt it was too short and showed too much. 

Highpoint:  A 20 some year old guy at the party took a fake sword and attempted to lift my dress to see what was under it.  While I was very embarrassed, I was also flattered because at 44 years old if a boy that young finds something interesting under my dress it is a highpoint.  Needless to say, my husband was mad and told him off.  I guess that is two wow moments in one night.

Linda
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views