Question about Phase 3 Eating after Surgery

callie07
on 10/26/08 12:35 pm
Hi,

I noticed that this coming week one of the things that I'm allowed to start eating is a sweet potato/baked potato or mashed potatoes.  Here is my question, if I eat a baked potato is there something that I can put on it?  i.e. sour cream or butter?

I know this is probably a stupid question, but I just want to make sure that I do everything correctly and I'm really not sure of the answer.

Thanks in advance!

Callie 
cleos_mom
on 10/26/08 7:42 pm - phila., PA
Hi Callie
try "I can't believe it's not butter "-  SPRAY.
or fat free sour cream and little salt & pepper
Susan
Pam Hart
on 10/26/08 10:13 pm - Easton, PA
Anything fat free or low fat.

I am a ranch dressing ***** if you will - so that would be my choice.

If you make mashed potatoes - use some chicken broth and some fat free half and half, and maybe even some ricotta, to mash them up with so you're not adding tons of fat and what not with butter and cream in the mashing process.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Lslaven
on 10/27/08 12:46 am - Philadelphia, PA
Callie:
I too, like Susan, use I can't believe it's not butter spray.  It tastes like butter but low in fat and calories.  Low fat or fat free sour cream is also another one of my favorites.  Enjoy this new stage of eating. 
Linda
JoAnn C.
on 10/27/08 2:52 am - PA
I put  Greek yogurt on the baked potato.  high in protein.  

JoAnn
JoAnn

callie07
on 10/27/08 7:42 am
Hi All,

Thanks for all of the responses.  I wrote down everything that was suggested (boy there were some great ideas) and ran to the grocery store.  I'm eating my potato tonight and I can hardly wait! 

Take care,
Callie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views