3 days

courtzi
on 10/26/08 10:30 am - SCHUYLKILL HAVEN , PA
I am 3 days away from surgery. I posted earlier about my cousin dieing in the car accident. I have her funeral tom. and I find out Tuesday what time I have to be a Hershey.  This freakin Liuid diet.  I am so hungry I have been on it since Tuesday. I kind cheated tonight I had a slice of cheese.  I feel guilty now. but I am so hungry they said by the third day it is easy.  I don't know what devil they were talking to because it wasn't mine.

Ok, now for that ramble. I almost cancelled surgery on Tuesday, but I talked to Tanya and alot of other people and they talked me out of it.  I don't know if this sounds normal.  but I am so nervous about surgery I am afraid of dying and leaving my kids without a mommy.  But at the same time I feel a calm or something knowing I have to have surgery.  And I am doing the right thing. Does that make sense to anyone.  I don't know how to explain it. 

Ok thanks for listening to me
Jan K.
on 10/26/08 11:42 am, edited 10/26/08 11:44 am - Was Jenkintown, PA but now NYC, PA
Listen sweetie, you want to eat because you are upset and emotional about your cousin.  Who wouldn't be?!  It's normal but that doesn't make it any easier nor does it take away the feeling in your head that you want to eat.  Don't, please, don't.  You have come so far now to get yourself to this point in you process and journey for WLS.  It's all going to be worth it.  Offer up your hunger for your cousin and her family's pain from her loss.  Think of all of the things in life that we place value on, like food and ask yourself in the grand scheme of life, was eating something all that important?  NO!  It passes quickly and you said you worry about your kids.  Being a healthy and happy mommy will do more for them than you giving into eating and cancelling surgery right now.  None of this will bring your cousin back and you will end up even more frustrated later when you have to do another liquid diet.  Hang in there and know folks here will wish and pray you through this and you will do make it and be glad.

Jan
         You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
                                                                                 --Mahatma Ghandi 
                                 Celebrate Life, L'Chaim, Peace, Shalom

(deactivated member)
on 10/26/08 11:43 am
I can understand the nervousness....if you weren't nervous, that would be abnormal.  I was having a really tough time with it all the night before surgery....I realized what was bothering me, which was something in my will, and once I changed that, I was ready to go!  I don't have kids, but I do have two dogs and the people that know me best, know they are my children  LOL....the part of my will I adjusted was about them! 

Don't feel guilty about the cheese. Its over and done with...just stick to your liquids the best you can...its only another day you have to get through.

I will be thinking about you and your family tomorrow during the funeral. 

Heather G
Pam Hart
on 10/26/08 11:49 am - Easton, PA
You will do fine.  This is a tremendously difficult time for your whole family - and the pre surgery nerves on top of everything just add to it.  You will get through the next couple of days.

Hang in there - you will overcome this as well.

I refused to believe I was nervous...I told everyone and even believed myself I was not nervous.  Until morning of surgery I was the blubbering idiot in the waiting room crying like a child.  I wish I had been nervous before hand, to work through my emotions.  Which is exactly what you are doing now, and that is a good thing.

We'll be waiting for you on the other side welcoming you to the losers bench!!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
keri2008
on 10/26/08 8:05 pm - PA
You have so much going on right now so trying to deal with the emotions is a lot like a hurricane.  Just breathe deep a lot and try to focus on all the  positives regarding the surgery.  Have you made a list of the whys for you doing it?  I found that when I did that it helped me stay focused on my plan and my commitment to myself to get healthy.  For me and for my family.  You're in my thoughts and prayers during this tough time.  You're almost there and then you'll be with us on the loser's bench!

Keri
courtzi
on 10/26/08 11:00 pm - SCHUYLKILL HAVEN , PA
Thank you everyone.  2 days now.  holy sh** 2 days.  I remember saying 2 months.  well today is a new day and I am over the cheese thing.  but it was yummo.  I never thought I would savor the taste of a piece of american cheese.  But I got through it.

Tonight is the viewing. and I find out tommorow what time I have to be at the hospital.  My cousins funeral is tom. but I won't be able to make it to much stuff with surgery, but my family completly understands.  And I know my cousin would not want me to cancel surgery.  She was 100% for this.  I know her and my mom are watching out for me.  For those who don't know I lost my mom it will be 4 years on halloween.  Hards time right now.  But I will surviive...cuz I got all my life to live I will survive I will survive.  Thanks again to everyone and keep us in your prayers tonight..
tracyb330
on 10/26/08 11:32 pm - Temple, PA
I am so excited for you. I'm sorry you could come to the meeting on Saturday. I hope to see you after surgery. I'm sure everything will be just fine. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
5'9 and a size 6...I love my tool.
Melanie B.
on 10/27/08 12:51 am - Doylestown, PA
You will do great Court and are getting a whole new lease on life. I too was freaked out that I would die on the table and when i woke up alive I was almost suprised.

however now 2 months out, I already feel like a new woman. I have so much more energy and patience with my children and am really loving life.

Good luck with the remainder of the liquid diet - it's no fun but will really give you a head start on your weight loss.

M

Lslaven
on 10/27/08 12:59 am - Philadelphia, PA
Nerves go with the territory.  Of course you are worried.....this is a change of life.  I know that I was nervous for the same reasons as you, and now, I just regret not having the surgery sooner.  You hang in there.  Everything will be just fine and remember, we are all here for you waiting to welcome you to the loser's bench.  My prayers and thoughts are with you.  Can't wait to follow along with your weight loss journey.
Linda
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views