MIA (missing in action)

Jan K.
on 10/25/08 12:56 am, edited 10/25/08 1:05 am - Was Jenkintown, PA but now NYC, PA
OMG, it has been sooo long since I have been able to read the boards let alone post.  The beginning of the school year seems endless and now that it's close to the end of October, I feel like I can finally come up for air.

I feel like a creep!  I have missed so many WONDERFUL. SUCCESSFUL, INSPIRATIONAL peoples surgiversaries!  Please, please, please forgive me!  Laureen, Kare(e)n, Eileen, I think there's a Maureen in there too.  I remember going to Barix and it was the week of the 'EENS.'  Karen, Bubble, I added an extra (e) for you to be an 'een for this!   Then I see I missed Pam's and so many others.  Yikes!   CONGRATULATIONS all you WONDERFUL losers who now are BIG SUCCESSING winners.

Greetings to all the excited and nervous and questioning new folks!  This is the best board on OH and the PA veteran WLS folks are tops at great advice, recipes, suggestions, a listening ear, and some personal TLC for all of you.  They say and I say, we are like family to one another here. 

Can't wait for the first Barix Saturday meeting.  That will definitely be a GREAT help for me since driving to and fro NYC on a Wednesday evening gets me behind on school work.

My update is that I am still up and down about 4 to 6 pounds and average in at about 152 in any given week.  I've been lousy at getting in my exercise but hope that now the school year is well under way to get my self back into my routine at the gym starting this weekend (I can only imagine what Norm would say ~ OUCH!  I hear you).   I drifted off my multi-vitamins but am back to being a faithful partner.  I've never strayed away from my B vitamins so that's a good thing.  I just ordered some Devrom (to make your gas and all orderless) since I am as regular as can be.  I know TMI but hey I am very successful at BMs a couple or more times a day, peeing rivers several times a day!  Seriously, I pee 6 times before the end of the school day at 2:30PM each day.  I think that's a lot since used to only pee 2 or 3 times.  Bottom line of that, I am drinking a ton of non-carbonated, extremely low caffeine, green tea and I get in more than the 64 fliud ozs a day. I believe my regularity is due to eating Activia light yogurt at lunch each day.

Well, that's enough (if not too much) for my first post back online.  Oh wait, part of the reason I was AWOL was due to the fact that we had no phone, no Internet and no cable for more than a week!!  I was left to do school work LOL.

Hope to see many of you soon.,

Jan

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
                                                                                 --Mahatma Ghandi 
                                 Celebrate Life, L'Chaim, Peace, Shalom

Pam Hart
on 10/25/08 1:02 am - Easton, PA
Well welcome back Sr. Jan!  You certainly have been missed!

You didn't miss my surgiversary, ps., just my year follow up w/ Dr. P  My actual surgiversary is the 30th. 

We definately had a lot of celebrating to do this month!  And there is of course lots of newer members who are adding so much to this board.

Sorry to hear school's start was so hectic - but I'm sure you are handling everything just fine!!

Hope all continues to go well!!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Jan K.
on 10/25/08 11:31 am - Was Jenkintown, PA but now NYC, PA
Well Pam, I guess I can be one of the first to wish you a Happy Surgiversary then!!!  Glad I didn't miss it!  Coongrats on your sucessing!

Hey, when do you move and start your new job?  Just hink, it will be another year of new wows and getting used to's!

Jan
                                                                                 --Mahatma Ghandi 

Pam Hart
on 10/25/08 1:36 pm - Easton, PA
Thanks for the surgiversary wishes!

"Hell week" starts Monday.  I have this current weekend off where we are trying to get a few things done (most of the stuff is packed and the rest of the stuff has to wait till later in the week)  Then I work M,T,W,Th all 11p-7a.  Friday the 31st is last minute packing along with moving furniture from the evil empire's house (my in laws) to ours...then Saturday 11/1 is the move...then Monday 11/3 is when I start my new job.  No rest for the wicked I guess ;-)  I'm sure it will be ok - I just have these waves of "OMG I am so far behind and it's so overwhelming"  Good news is that instead of sitting down with a bowl of chips and ignoring the situation like I would have last year - I just take a deep breath do some positive self talk and move fwd.

Thanks!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Jan K.
on 10/26/08 11:12 am - Was Jenkintown, PA but now NYC, PA
I have no doubt you will pull it off!  Have a safe and easy move!
                                                                                 --Mahatma Ghandi 

Nicole0216
on 10/25/08 1:28 am - Lancaster, PA
welcome back good to see you.
Jan K.
on 10/25/08 11:31 am - Was Jenkintown, PA but now NYC, PA
Thanks Nicole!
                                                                                 --Mahatma Ghandi 

bubble273
on 10/25/08 4:10 am - Levittown, PA
Wooooohooooo, Sr. Jan is back!!!!  We've missed you.  Thanks for the well wishes.  It was a great meeting Wednesday and I got to bring my fat clothes and see some people's mouths drop to the floor.  So that was kind of fun.

Well, again, it's nice to have you back.  Hope all is well.  Take care.

Karen

Jan K.
on 10/25/08 11:34 am - Was Jenkintown, PA but now NYC, PA
Karen, I am soo bummed I missed that meeting.  I would have been yet another one of those folks with their mouth dropping open.  Of course I feel like everytime I see you I do a jaw drop and say WOW, I can't believe how much you change each month and I hope you are beginning to know how so darned great you look!

--Mahatma Ghandi 

CherylT
on 10/25/08 4:11 am - Perkasie, PA
It's SO good to see you. Missed you.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views