PARA THYROID DISEASE...HELP...BOARD INFO NEEDED

jdruski
on 10/24/08 1:53 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hi,

I need some help from the board.  After going for my bloodwork the results came back that my para thyroid is very elevated. It is 74 with the normal range being 12-60 (?).  At first the surgeon thought that I was not taking enough calcium.  Once I confirmed that I take over 1500mg per day and 2 pre-natal vitamins, he then told me to call the endocronologist over at PA Hospital and get tested.

I fully intended to do that, but as most of us do I went and looked it up on the computer.  When I saw the only way to correct it is surgery I stopped reading. 

I am hoping that I can get some information from you guys.  At this point I am not overly upset about it but if I do indeed have it, it would explain many things medically. 

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Jeanne
Pam Hart
on 10/24/08 2:15 am - Easton, PA
Jeanne,

I just did a brief search on it and found out basically what you did.  I am not well versed in the endocrinologist area - although due to my own hyperthyroidism, I do know a little about that.  I will see who I am working with tonight and pick some brains (if I have brains enough to remember by that point) and will get back to you with any information.

Good luck!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
jdruski
on 10/24/08 2:30 am, edited 10/24/08 2:30 am - Philadelphia, PA

Thanks Pam.

I really appreciate any information.  It seems that you always come through for everyone.

Thanks so much.

Jeanne

BTW:  If you need to order any of the SF Divinci from Netrition you might want to do it soon.  They stop shipping in the colder weather.

tammypa
on 10/24/08 2:28 am - Philadelphia, PA
Jeanne,
I know someone who had the surgery. It was outpatient and she did not even need any pain
meds after. It is a very short procedure. It was the owners wife of the company where I work.
She said the worst part was waiting in preop to get the surgery done, because she has no patience. 
So I know that noone likes surgery - if you do have to get it done - it should not be a lot of pain and not much of a recovery period.
Tammy
jdruski
on 10/24/08 2:32 am - Philadelphia, PA
Thanks Tammy.  If it is causing some of the problems that I have been having I will go the surgery route.  Thanks though for putting my mind at ease.

Jeanne
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views