I'm home!!!

ncleary24
on 10/23/08 1:10 pm, edited 10/23/08 1:11 pm - Broomall, PA

Just want to let all you wonderful losers that i came home from the hospital yesterday. My RNY sugery was "textbook" according to the surgeon and his PA assistant. I am so very relieved and thankful for your kind thoughts and prayers. I'm a little more tired than I thought I'd be, but I've been taking naps, sippling my liquids, and just thankful that it's over.

I stayed awake to watch the Phillies win last night, which was very exciting. Right now, the fightin' phills are losing 4-0 in the 8th.

One of many questions.  How do you put one of those rulers that so many people have on their pages? I want to be an official loser.

Nancy

dit657
on 10/23/08 9:49 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Congratulations on coming through your surgery like a champ! That's great news and we're happy to hear you're home and recuperating - take it easy - follow dr's orders - and you'll do just fine.

Sadly our Phillies lost last night but on to Game 3! I'm not much help on the ticker tape, tho - took me forever to get mine on here and I still get it messed up!! One of the PC guru's on here will answer and help you, I'm sure.

Take care - and welcome to the Loser's Bench!!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
CherylT
on 10/23/08 10:15 pm - Perkasie, PA
Welcome Home!

Nicole0216
on 10/24/08 12:17 am - Lancaster, PA
welcome. now do everything they tell you to do and your recovery will be just as textbook.
(deactivated member)
on 10/23/08 10:00 pm
Welcome home, Nancy!!  I'm glad it all went well for you.

Go to ticker factory.com.  At the top of the left hand side of this page, look under ObesityHelp Pennsylvania Weight Loss Forum, click on User Settings and follow the directions....at least I think thats how you do it!

HG
Pam Hart
on 10/23/08 10:18 pm - Easton, PA
Welcome home!  Keep up the sipping and walking.  The fatigue may last awhile - make sure with all that sipping and walking you also rest - you are recovering!!

Keep us updated!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
tammypa
on 10/23/08 10:36 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Nancy,
Welcome ot the losers bench,
Tammy
callie07
on 10/24/08 6:32 am
Hi Nancy,

I'm so happy to hear that your surgery went so well and that you are feeling so good!  I've been thinking about you and I have to admit I just wanted to check today to see if you got back home.  I've been tired here and there too, just take it easy on yourself.  Also, if you find out how to make those rulers work let me know I can't get them to work either!

Take care,
Callie
ncleary24
on 10/24/08 7:39 am - Broomall, PA
Callie,

I'm so glad to hear from you. I was worried when you wrote about your hiccups, belching and vomiting. I was thinking about you when I was in the hospital, thinking "how did she manage, especially with the vomiting blood?"  I am a lot more tired than I thought I would be. I've had a fair amount of company, and I rest between visits. How are you doing? I called Linda today to say that I can't get 5 protein drinks in...it makes me so full. Were you able to drink all the protein drinks? Linda said just to focus on the liquids, which is what I've been doing. Any advice, since you are a little ahead of me.

I was working on the ruler, but I haven't figured it out yet. I'll let you know when I do.

Nancy
callie07
on 10/24/08 10:17 am
Nancy,

I have to admit that I can't get all the protein drinks in either.  I'm getting in about 2 protein drinks a day (and haven't been able to get in anymore than that).  Its very hard because I get this full feeling and everything wants to sit at the top of my throat (or so it feels like).  However, I have to say I'm really pleased with how things are going.  So far, I can tolerate sugar free pudding, oatmeal, and cream of chicken soup.  I think as long as we get in our liquids and as much protein drinks as we can all should be ok.  Also, I thought that I read on our chart that we should get into 3-5 protein drinks and I think I remember the nutrionist there told me it would be hard to even get the 3 in at first.  I think the key is not to push ourselves because I can tell that once I push myself - I feel too full and everything feels like it wants to come up.  You just kind of work in slow motion with everything.  As for my vomiting and hiccups they are totally gone.  I still have the belching quite frequently.  As for my first night after surgery... I went into the hospital figuring that I would have upset stomach at some point just because my stomach is very touchy and I don't tolerate pain meds good either.  So it wasn't a real shock to feel so bad however it did scare me to see that it was blood and not just regular throw-up.  I'm just glad that first day of surgery is gone and that everything seems to be going great so far.  It sounds like you are really doing good too!  As for being tired... I've been running around constantly since I came home and could really use some rest.  In the afternoons I get this overwhelming sense of being tired (like nothing I've ever experienced before).  I try to take a nap for a while and it seems to help refresh me.  I think it will be this way for a while since our bodies are still recovering from the surgery.  Keep in touch with me it will be nice hearing how you are doing.  Keep up the good work, I can already see some changes in myself -  I even went out today and bought myself a new shirt in a smaller size and wore it this evening - YEAH!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views