one week and 2 days out of surgery

Polly S.
on 10/23/08 4:30 am - PA

Having trouble with my back and getting all the fluid in. Don't know how I expected to feel but not like this. I am worried I am not getting enough to eat because of the diarrhea.

What I find strange is even drinking water feels differant going down. I just don't know what is normal.

Laureen S.
on 10/23/08 4:46 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Not sure what procedure you had, but if you are concerned, then I'd advise contacting your surgeon's team as soon as possible, so they can tell you what "normal" is for your particular situation.

Wishing you the best, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Polly S.
on 10/23/08 4:58 am - PA

I have called  my dr. and he says I am doing fine and try to get in more fluids. I had gastric by pass on Oct 14,2008

dit657
on 10/23/08 5:26 am - Boothwyn, PA
I was always a huge ice water drinker, but after surgery I couldn't tolerate it - I could barely tolerate water at room temperature, but I sipped it all day to get my fluids in. Your tastes are going to be very strange these first few weeks/months, but your taste for water will return. Amd things I love pre-surgery were gaggy post-surgery.

At 2 weeks out my back was killing me - my surgeon said it was due to them cutting thru stomach muscles and making that area weak so it pulled on my back. I took some pain meds - it lasted a few days but only had 2 or 3 days that were really unbearable and had to stay in bed. But check w/your surgeon just to make sure nothing else is going on.

By the way, 'normal' is a new term for us WLS patients!! We're so not normal anymore!

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views