I hate days like this

Liz R.
on 10/22/08 11:19 pm - Easton, PA
Most days I am good about what I eat and get in my 3 meals and 3 snacks - well today is one of those days where I can't get enough to eat! And NOT head hunger (I have been able to tell the difference for a while now and usually listen!) but I just want to eat and eat - about every 2 hours I am feeling the need to eat something - now I am doing my best to make it something protein based and healthy but it is still frustrating! And yes - I am getting in plenty of water.

I am assuming that I am not the only one that has days like this?

Liz
Dennis Belk
on 10/22/08 11:32 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Okay Liz, you're feeding something. Any idea what it is?

Dennis
Liz R.
on 10/22/08 11:35 pm - Easton, PA
humm.. not stressed (suprising I know!) not nervous, sick, excited or happy. Just having an average day. I am tired but I don't think that would do it - maybe my body is fighting something off? Dunno - thanks for the input Dennis!

Liz
CherylT
on 10/22/08 11:44 pm - Perkasie, PA
The cold weather?

Liz R.
on 10/22/08 11:46 pm - Easton, PA
Maybe! lol maybe my body is using up more energy keeping warm!
dit657
on 10/23/08 12:35 am - Boothwyn, PA

I agree about the weather - this sudden change has me all messed up - I want to eat more and exercise less. I've been really pushing myself to get more proteins in to keep satisfied, but I haven't exercised since coming home from the cruise. My support buddy is kicking my butt, tho, and telling me to get back on the bike, so I'll do that tonight!

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Laureen S.
on 10/23/08 12:38 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Liz,

Thanks, because I had one of those days yesterday and like you said, it was not head hunger, as I know the difference and I was not looking for comfort, it was my body feeling empty and wanting food. . .  I tried tricking it by drinking more water, even decaf coffee/tea, but nope I was hungry. . .  I'm thinking that it is the change in season and maybe our bodies wanting more "fat" as I remember back to other times in life, this is the time of year with climate changes and all. . .  so perhaps there is a reason for it that lies beyond food demons and has more to do with the "normal" need for the seasonal padding.  Just me venturing a guess here. . .  Yes, we need to keep it healthy.  Thanks for expressing your thoughts, as I really kind of wondered where this came from and your thoughts make me think and well, you see where my thoughts took me.

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

jdruski
on 10/23/08 12:41 am, edited 10/23/08 12:55 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hey Liz,

I can totally relate to what you are saying.  I had one of those days yesterday.  The only thing that I could attribute it to was that it was considerable colder here in Philly.  I often wonder if our deep animal instincts don't kick in and we need food to get ready to hibernate.  Unfortunately, I fed my hunger yesterday, and paid the price. 

I am going to try keeping some protein bars and beef jerkey in my purse.  At least they are safer and healthier than cookies and crackers.

Jeanne
Liz R.
on 10/23/08 12:51 am - Easton, PA
Thanks Everyone! I know I can always count on you to let me know that I am not the only one! I am making healthy choices - lots of s/f f/f pudding and protein. I'll do my best to get through this today!

Thanks again everyone!

Liz
tammypa
on 10/23/08 1:47 am - Philadelphia, PA
Liz,
I know what you mean. I think it is the cold weather - something primal is kicking in.
I have been going to Dunkin Donuts for my decaf latte light and that seems to do the trick for me.
Tammy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views