I know it's normal but It still makes me mad!!!

tanya72100
on 10/23/08 12:19 am - Schuylkill Haven, PA
Stinking stalls!! I am almost 8 weeks out and I have been at the same weight for a week now!
GRRRRRR.

I upp'd my protein. Trying to exercise more. what else can i do.. but sit here and pout!!
I really should complain. 70lbs in 8 weeks isnt shabby at all.

dit657
on 10/23/08 12:36 am - Boothwyn, PA
First put the scale away - its not going to help at this point - you're only 8 weeks out and have lost 70 lbs? That's almost 10 lbs a week! You've lost an awful lot really fast, so your body needs to catch up. Don't change your eating too much right now - you're still early out and your body will catch up and you'll start dropping again.

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
rita61677
on 10/23/08 12:43 am - Philadelphia, PA
i stalled around 8 weeks out as well for about 3 weeks. its sucked but now im losing again. 70 pounds in 8 weeks is AMAZING!!!!!!!!! you're still healing dont forget!!!!
jdruski
on 10/23/08 12:44 am - Philadelphia, PA
Tanya,

Hide the scale in the deepest darkest closet that you have.  70 lbs in 8 weeks is terrific.  Your body needs to catch up.  My GBS put it best. the only way to lose 185 lbs. over night is to divorce him.

Hang in there, you will start losing real soon.  Take your measurements, that will make you feel better.

Jeanne
Laureen S.
on 10/23/08 12:49 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Tanya,

Girlfriend, stalls are a way of our bodies way of saying, hold on there, whatcha doing to me. . .  they come and they go, it's part of the landscape of post-WLS living and I'd say and you recognized it yourself,  you've done incredible losing 70 lbs in 8 weeks. . .  so just keep doing what you were doing, if you live by the rules you were given, you will lose the weight!

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

kat19136
on 10/23/08 1:02 am - Philadelphia, PA
Not Shabby?  I'd say it's freaking amazing!!  Congrats to you!!  Just keep doing what your doing and I am sure you will be fine, like Laureen said, your body is just adjusting and you will pick up again.  Good luck on your journey!!

~Kat~     ~hw-305~cw-130~gw-140   my DS!!  www.dsfacts.com

keri2008
on 10/23/08 1:37 am - PA
Wow.  I'm a slacker.  I have only lost 40 something - that's FANTASTIC Tanya!  Enjoy the loss and you're body is just probably saying hold on one minute!

Keri
tanya72100
on 10/23/08 2:02 am - Schuylkill Haven, PA
 I know.. I just feel like I had alot more to lose than others. lol isnt that a funny thing to say.

MsDeniseinPA
on 10/23/08 2:40 am - PA
you're doing fantastic!

this is just a way for your body to catch up with all the lost pounds!
ladychief231
on 10/23/08 2:46 am - Douglassville, PA
Good lord, it's taken me 6 months to lose 70 pounds. I'd say you are doing great! I suspect your stall may last awhile since you have lost so much so quickly. Hang in there, it will pass.

Teresa

Teresa O

RNY 4/1/2008

PA

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views