My orientation at Pennsylvania Hospital

phillybnj
on 10/22/08 11:49 am - Blue Bell, PA
Hi everyone,

I went to my orientation session at Pennsylvania Hospital today.  It was nice to finally get the ball rolling as far as my WLS.  I didn't really learn anything new today (except that I have to chew my food 30 times before swallowing!), but I did choose my surgeon, Dr. Wernsing.

I did bring my dad along with me today.  He was very curious about this whole process, and over the years has had trouble understanding my issues with losing weight.  So it was interesting seeing his reactions today.  I think he has a better understanding of why I am going through with this surgery.

I am looking forward to meeting my surgeon next week and getting started with the nutritionist and my weight loss.

Thanks for listening.  It helps to share all of this...

Phil
Shannon O.
on 10/22/08 1:24 pm - Reading, PA
Congrats on your session and getting the ball moving... I know when I had my first session at barix... I never knew about this site and it would of been awesome to have these people as friends back then...

Can't wait to get to know you better Phil... and I am sure the guys will be happy for another man to be here as well hehehe...

(deactivated member)
on 10/22/08 2:10 pm
I'm glad your orientation went well.  We are glad to have you.  And, like Shannon said...the other guys will be glad for another man on the boards!

HG
Pam Hart
on 10/22/08 6:45 pm - Easton, PA
Phil,

I'm glad your orientation went well - and it's so good to hear dad was supportive to go along and get info with you.  Many times people who don't understand won't even do that - I think he will be an extra pillar of support for you!

Good luck with everything!

Pam

PS:  Start practicing the chewing thing now.  It will surprise the heck outta you!
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
keri2008
on 10/22/08 9:27 pm - PA
Hey Phil,

Welcome to the boards and the journey!  Congrats on your decision to change your life.  The boards are a great source of support and info so keep coming back.  And definitely try the chewing thing now, I was pretty shocked at how I experienced it before the surgery!

Keri
CherylT
on 10/22/08 10:06 pm - Perkasie, PA

Welcome! Good luck and keep us posted!

:)

jdruski
on 10/23/08 12:46 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hey Phil,

David is a great surgeon.  I met him when I was in for my panni and hernia, he was caring for my roomate.

Glad that your dad went along, it always helps to have a buddy along to pick up the info that you might have missed.

Keep us posted and welcome to the journey.

Jeanne
GD_007
on 10/23/08 3:35 am - Drexel Hill, PA
Hey Phil - I'm one of the dudes on here.  If you have any questions you are welcome to send me a message.

As well....if you are free November 1st:

LisaAC
on 10/23/08 6:06 am - Philadelphia, PA

Glad it went well, Phil, and I wish you all the best.  You cannot do better than Dr. Wernsing.  He's the best.

"The important thing is this: To be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become."
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views