"Almost sickly"

Pam Hart
on 10/21/08 4:29 am - Easton, PA
I like that...."he might just be like our brains and it takes awhile for the reality of it all to fit in...."very good liz, thanks!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Sweetkatie
on 10/21/08 4:57 am - Philadelphia, PA
It took awhile but I remember about 1.5 yrs - 2 yrs out I was talking to my Mom and she said that her and my older brother had been looking through pictures and came across one of me at the 4th of July... I think I have this pic up in my "before" folder... But she said that my brother stared at the picture and looked at my Mom and said "I don't even remember her like that".  It meant to me that I had really reached a milestone... I had lived in this body like it was always mine and made everyone forget, even those closests to me, forget how I used to look.  They'll get used to it.. then they will forget what the old Pam looked like and it'll feel like you were always in this bod of yours.  It takes time, but they'll get there!
5 years post-op (September 19th 2005)

Back on track... and enjoying the ride
Pam Hart
on 10/21/08 6:08 am - Easton, PA
Thanks Katie!!  I've gotten that too - mostly from co workers - people telling me "I don't remember you being that big"  or better yet "well I didn't know you when you were that big"  uh - yea you did!!  it's funny how the mind works!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
tammypa
on 10/21/08 6:05 am - Philadelphia, PA

Pam,
You look amazing.
I know it must be hard to hear your dad say that you look sickly.
You used to by daddys fluffy girl - now you are daddys "little" girl.
You look like you should be on the catwalk, but as you told me, you are at the catbox.
Daddys worry about their girls - that is all.
Tammy

Pam Hart
on 10/21/08 6:10 am - Easton, PA
Thanks Tammy!  yea - it was a little hard to hear....but I guess being daddy's "little" girl is better than being daddy's fluffy girl!

I appreciate it!

Pam
Arlene E.
on 10/21/08 6:45 am - Philadelphia, PA

Well, Pam, I guess not only Italians and Jewish parents think their children should have some fluff on them.  You look lovely.  Your dad is not used to seeing you look like you look now so of course he would think you are sick.  That's what parents do - worry about us.  He'll get used to the new you.  So keep tuckin in that shirt and show yourself off!!!

arlene 

Pam Hart
on 10/21/08 7:16 am - Easton, PA
Thanks Arlene!  Dad is part italian - and is the "cook" of the house (dad cooks, mom bakes, and I became fluffy. Not that they forced it into my mouth by any means....)  And I guess it's good they worry....

Pam
(deactivated member)
on 10/21/08 10:55 am
Pam you are his baby girl of course he is concerned but he will adjust. Be grateful he is there for you to express that concern.
Also as for the long and lean I do think  you appear to have a height to you in person you maybe only 5'3" but you have a nice balance in your legs and upper body to give the appearance you are taller. Which I am sure is also new since you are not fluffy anymore it a nice flow.
Pam Hart
on 10/21/08 11:50 am - Easton, PA
"nice blanace in your legs and upper body to give the appearance you are taller"  Thanks Beth!  I of course don't see that - but then again - what does this brian of mine see anywho?  I tell Brian all the time - I'm not short enough to be considered "cute" like the "little people" of the world...and I'm not tall enough to be productive including getting things from cabinets above the counters!  LOL

Thanks for the encouragement!

Pam
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views