Exercise??

(deactivated member)
on 10/21/08 12:03 am
I scanned quickly since I should be working and not surfing the internet.....I didn't see todays exercise post.  If its a duplicate, just ignore.

I am going to Karate tonight, then, IF I feel better from this f*ing cold my niece and nephew gave me (yeah...always blame the kids with the snot bubbles) I will go to the gym.

Oh yeah....I have been so afraid of hurting someone in my karate class that I tend to hold back.....last night the Sensei (instructor) punched one of the high school girls right in the mouth!!!  Split her lip.  He felt really bad...but she didnt get her head out of his way (that was the point of the exercise)  Of course I was next and SOOO afraid I was going to end up with a fat lip too.  Luckly, I was a master bobber and didn't get punched.....honestly, If I had, I am pretty sure my reaction would have been to punch him back without even realizing I did it.   

So...what are you doing to move today?

HG
dit657
on 10/21/08 12:09 am - Boothwyn, PA
Remind me to stay on  your good side from now on!! Sounds like the karate classes are going great.

I am heading to the gym tonight - I have to do something ot break this major stall I've been in - I think I'll get on the treadmill and see how far I can go, then do my circuit weight stuff, but also set up an appt with a trainer to boost my work-out. I haven't been on an eliptical in a long time - might try that soon, too. I know they give you a great work-out. I can still ride my bike at home in the mornings - it is helping my legs a lot.

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
(deactivated member)
on 10/21/08 1:58 am
LOL yep...stay on my good side...I might actually get the hang of it some day and become a lethal weapon! 
Laureen S.
on 10/21/08 1:19 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Good Morning HG!

Ooh, I think what you described is exactly why karate has never appealed to me. . .  not wanting to inflict or be inflicted upon. . .

As for the exercise today. . .  I am sooo sore from the rowing machine workout I did on Sunday, which by the way, glutton for punishment that I am, I was back on it last night, I am not committing to much other than maybe a bit of treadmill activity this evening when I get home from my AA meeting and that's if I have any steam left.

Have a great day, master bobber that you are. . .

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

(deactivated member)
on 10/21/08 2:00 am
My gym doesn't have a rowing machine...at least I haven't noticed one.  I will have to look tonight. 

LOL I made up the word bobber...I know it is something else like slidding...but I can't remember.  Although, I like bobber better!

HG
sbrunell
on 10/21/08 2:16 am - Bensalem, PA
Aquatic Aerobics 6pm at the Bensalem L.A. Fitness if anyone wants to join.

Great Low impact exercise.

1 hr class-burns 480 calories per this site:
http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc

Feel free to meet me there.
Steve Brunell
RNY  5/16/08
The first day of the rest of my life
Dr. Pupkova

sbrunell
on 10/21/08 2:16 am - Bensalem, PA
and you can see me in my swim trunks!
Steve Brunell
RNY  5/16/08
The first day of the rest of my life
Dr. Pupkova

CherylT
on 10/21/08 2:33 am - Perkasie, PA
Did my step n sweat video, and later I'll take Coco walking.

Sweetkatie
on 10/21/08 5:06 am - Philadelphia, PA
If the weather stays nice I plan on my 4 mile hike in Wissahickon park... If it gets dark and gloomy I'll be at the gym hitting that treadmill and eliptical machine for an hour!!  Then home to do my upper body weight training and abs.... for some reason I don't like doing that stuff at the gym.. those big muscle bound men scare me :)
5 years post-op (September 19th 2005)

Back on track... and enjoying the ride
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views