She thought she had the wrong chart!

CherylT
on 10/21/08 2:44 am - Perkasie, PA
So I went to my family doctor this morning. I had not seen him (the most wonderful dr., I must add) in four months. I get weighed with a new girl that is working there....and she said "are you losing weight?" Me: "yes." Her: "I thought I had wrong chart, because last time you were here, you were 269." And then my doc made a big fuss over me.

Gotta love it. Cheered me up on a day when I needed it.

Pam Hart
on 10/21/08 2:49 am - Easton, PA
Good for you Cheryl!!  That's a great pick me up!!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
dit657
on 10/21/08 3:02 am - Boothwyn, PA
Awesome day!! Glad it made you feel so good - we all need those little booster shots once in a while!

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
EileenWalton
on 10/21/08 3:09 am
I had the same exact experience this week at my PCP's office.  Except my doc (who I love) is not the type to make a fuss.  But the girls at the front desk and his Physician's Assistant went NUTS!  Really makes you feel good.  Glad you got to experience that.
Eileen

Shannon O.
on 10/21/08 3:42 am - Reading, PA
see I had the opposite happen yesterday at the docs office... I told them what I weigh (not going to use their crap scales that are older than me) and the nurse started to argue with me about the weight... and I looked at her and said... I weigh myself on 2 scales and only 2 scales... my one at home and the one at Barix... the docs don't have an issue with it and you need to get over it... and then I added how correct would it be being sick... fully clothed (in sweats noless lol) and with shoes on... and she said NOTHING... just put in the chart that I was difficult... whatever...the doc took the note out and called her a pain lol... I thought that she would of been happy with what I weigh now... but nooooo...

Laureen S.
on 10/21/08 3:44 am - Maple Shade, NJ
I'd say that is a pretty awesome thing!  Come to think of it, I have not been to my PCP since the Spring when I had some allergy stuff going on. . . 

Great job!

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Sweetkatie
on 10/21/08 5:04 am - Philadelphia, PA
I had a similar nurse experience, I was about 5 months out and down from 273lbs to 214 lbs.. and I got on the scale and she moved it over to the 150lb marker... I looked at her and said "Oh, you're gonna have to move that to 200lbs"  and looked me up and down and said "what?!  really, I would have said you were 170"  I almost kissed the woman right then and there.  :)
5 years post-op (September 19th 2005)

Back on track... and enjoying the ride
tammypa
on 10/21/08 6:08 am - Philadelphia, PA
Cheryl,
That was a great story.
Nice way to start off your day.
Tammy
Arlene E.
on 10/21/08 6:56 am - Philadelphia, PA

Cheryl

Great way to cheer up!  It feels especially good when the Dr makes a fuss.  I've had that experience at the Dr.'s office.  And isn't it fabulous when that thing on the scale can get moved to a lower number?

arlene 

Kate R
on 10/21/08 9:35 am
must have been a great feeling!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views