Tuesday Roll Call~

Liz R.
on 10/21/08 12:03 am - Easton, PA
Pam does the new place have a washer and dryer?
Pam Hart
on 10/21/08 2:43 am - Easton, PA
Our house comes with hook ups for it - we do not have a washer dryer (obviously...hence why I am over moms all the time!)  We are hoping to save up for a pair in the next few months - and before that it will be laundromats I assume

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Laureen S.
on 10/21/08 5:49 am - Maple Shade, NJ

Well it's late in the day, but figured I'd drop my two cents worth in today. . .

Seems like many people post-surgery have sleeping problems, I remember my cousin had the same problem and I was worried that I might have that problem, which is something I experienced several years back and it is not fun and due to my past, I cannot take sleeping pills, however, I did take melotonin and it helps, but the thing is you have to take it when you are ready for bed, not take it and then do a bunch of things. . .  anyway, I don't have that problem, but it might be because a good night's sleep for me is 5-1/2 to 6 hours most nights, a really great night is 7 hours, which is what I shoot for on the weekends. . .  hope all you sleep deprived folks get a good night's rest tonight, because I'm sure you all will be up watching the Phillies for the next few nights. . .

Anyway, I've had a productive work day and after work I am headed to my AA meeting, possibly to the gym, if not, I will try to do some cardio on the treadmill when I get home, but I might take tonight off from physical activity, as I've been to the gym 3 out of the last 4 days and tomorrow night I will be hitting the gym after work for a complete workout.

Hope you all had great days and good evenings!

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Kate R
on 10/21/08 9:20 am
Hi everyone-
I'm a newbie :)  Thought I would check in.
My paperwork just went to insurance today for VSG, so I am hopeful.

I'd love to know about how insurance has been for you all.

I am nervous, but excited.  UPENN Bariatric has been great so far...

I have upus so I cant get RNY or Lap Band.

You are all so inspiring and I have learned so much just perusing the board.

THANKS
Pam Hart
on 10/21/08 11:57 am - Easton, PA
Hi Katie,

You might want to post a topic yourself in asking about the insurance questions and what not and your introduction - not everyone may see it here in roll call.

However - welcome to the boards - we love having new peeps join us!  The pa forum is a great place for support, lasting friendships, information, and all sorts of wonderful things!  We are more like one big family than we are an online support group!!

I have BCBS NJ PPO and had very little trouble with them - that was for RNY.  I believe there are a few VSG people here - but it's mainly RNY.  We will certainly share all we have with you - but specific VSG questions may not be our "specialty" :)  Everyone here is so supportive regardless of surgery type and what not - I hope you find you like it here!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views