Body Contouring- sounds better than Plastics

Arlene E.
on 10/20/08 6:00 am - Philadelphia, PA
 As I write this I am feeling both excited and scared.  I just got a date for an abdominoplasty and outer thigh lift with Dr. Zavitstanos at Abington Hospital.  I've had three consultations with three highly regarded Philly surgeons.  The date will be December 3rd.   I've been asking myself over and over why I want to expose myself to surgery, a risk, and a lot of pain.  I've discussed this with my therapist.  After spending many many years being unhappy with my body and my "fluff" (love the new term)  the time has come for me to feel fantastic about me.  The WLS has changed my life in so many positive ways and cosmetic surgery will be the "icing on the cake"   I cannot wait to say goodbye to my bulging thighs which I have now had for 50+ years.   Yes, I do feel so much more attractive now that I've lost the weight, but I want to be smokin.  

Arlene

prettydee7
on 10/20/08 6:04 am - Pittsburgh, PA
jackie j
on 10/20/08 6:08 am - Glenmoore, PA
We should throw your "last bit o'fluff" a going away party  !!!     If I don't catch up with you beforehand, best wishes on this.   You've waited long and done your homework and I'm sure you will be looking fabby!  (you already do!!!)   Hoping for only the teeniest bit of pain and a fast recovery.    

Jackie J.    hugs.gif image by LISAH900   ribbon.gif image by Ready4Achange  

1 choice @ a time > 1 day @ a time.   Slow to Succeed is still Success ;-)

Arlene E.
on 10/20/08 6:26 am - Philadelphia, PA

Thanks Jackie.  I like that idea - a fluff be gone party.  

arlene 

dit657
on 10/20/08 6:09 am - Boothwyn, PA
If it helps don't think of it as vanity or totally cosmetic - think about how much nicer your pants will fit without all that extra flesh around your thighs and tummy - heck, you'll probably drop another size! I look at all my loose, hangy stuff sometimes and get really depressed, but then I put on a pair of pants in a size 20 (down from a 32) or an XL or 1X top (down from a 4X) and think "Yeah, I can deal with the loose skin for now, and hopefully someday can have it removed...'

It will be the icing on the cake for you -- you've worked so hard to get where you are - you deserve to be 'smoking hot'!!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Arlene E.
on 10/20/08 6:28 am - Philadelphia, PA

Yes, Kathy, I have worked hard just like all of us great fitting pants is a great reward.

arlene 

Nicole0216
on 10/20/08 6:16 am - Lancaster, PA
you would not be happy with a car with two flat tires, why would you accept a new body with well......you know what i mean.
Arlene E.
on 10/20/08 6:31 am - Philadelphia, PA

I like that analogy, Nicole.   

arlene 

Pam Hart
on 10/20/08 6:18 am - Easton, PA
You go girl!!  With all these "body contouring" peeps on this board we are gonna be the best looking WLS support board out there (we already are the best in support in my humble opinion)  I'm glad you were able to make a decision on your doc as I know you had a few different options and what not.  Merry Christmas to you as well!!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Arlene E.
on 10/20/08 6:37 am - Philadelphia, PA

We are definitely the best support group out here.  This will be one expensive Christmas gift to myself.  I think I will get some bows and ribbons to attach to my surgery garment.

arlene 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views