Halloween Party Sat - Need a WLS friendly Pumpkin Dessert

Heather D.
on 10/20/08 3:36 am - OH
Hey Everybody,

I am 11 days post op and on pureed foods.  I have a halloween party this weekend and does anyone have a recipe for a pumpkin fluff (WLS friendly) or something with pumpkin.

Thanks in advance.

Laureen S.
on 10/20/08 3:47 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Here's something:

Pumpkin Mousse   1 pkg. sugar-free vanilla instant pudding (6 serving size) 3 cups skim milk 1/2 cup pumpkin, solid, packed 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice 1/2 cup Cool Whip Lite® 1 cup plain yogurt 1 tsp. vanilla extract   Mix pudding and skim milk with wire whisk or mixer for 2 minutes. Fold in remaining ingredients. Garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon and a dollop of Cool Whip Lite. Makes 6 servings.   Nutrition information per serving: calories 106; protein 7 grams; fat 1 gram; sodium 207 mg

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

tammypa
on 10/20/08 4:02 am - Philadelphia, PA
Here is one that I got from Mary Ivins and I love it!

One can pumpkin pie mix
One box sugar free fat free instant vanilla pudding
One cup skim milk
One teaspoon pumpkin pie spice

Just mix all together, chill, and eat.

It is really simple and delicious.

TAmmy
(deactivated member)
on 10/20/08 11:02 am - Poconos, PA
Cooks.com usually has a nice assortment of recipes. You can do a search for exactly what you're looking for.
Pam Hart
on 10/20/08 11:26 am - Easton, PA
**Message HiJack**

Is that a real newspaper article on you or something you can get  made up as a gift thing?

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
(deactivated member)
on 10/20/08 11:35 am - Poconos, PA
That's just me goofin around..I made it online and thought I'd try it out as an avatar....The weird thing though is that I can't even see it...All I see is the old one with the woman saying "We Can Do It".
Pam Hart
on 10/20/08 12:49 pm - Easton, PA
That's because it is stored in your "cookies"...try one of these two....

Hold down the ctrl button and while holding that, click the refresh arrown on your browser button

If that doesn't wory....

Go into  your "computer" settings
Internet options
Delete your saved things...there is normally an option for "delete all" (temp files, cookies, etc) and you should be able to

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
(deactivated member)
on 10/20/08 12:58 pm - Poconos, PA
COOL! It worked! Thanks so much Pam!!

Sorry about hijacking the thread everyone.
jmelrod829
on 10/21/08 12:11 am, edited 10/21/08 12:11 am - Pottsville, PA
This wouldn't work for the current stage you are in but is DELICIOUS!!!!!!

SUGAR FREE PUMPKIN BARS  INGREDIENTS: 
2 CUPS FLOUR
2 CUPS SPLENDA
2 TEASPOON BAKING POWDER
2 TEASPOON GROUND CINNAMON
1 TEASPOON BAKING SODA
¼ TEASPOON SALT
¼ TEASPOON GROUND CLOVES
4 BEATEN EGGS
29 OZ. CAN PURE PUMPKIN
1 CUP COOKING OIL

DIRECTIONS:    COMBINE FLOUR, SPLENDA, BAKING
POWDER, CINNAMON, BAKING SODA, SALT AND CLOVES. STIR IN EGGS, PUMPKIN AND COOKING OIL TILL THOROUGHLY COMBINED. (IT DOES TAKE A FEW MINUTES FOR THE OIL TO STIR IN). SPREAD BATTER INTO AN UNGREASED 15X10X1 BAKING PAN. BAKE AT 350 DEGREES FOR 25-30 MINUTES OR UNTIL A TOOTHPICK INSERTED INTO CENTER COMES OUT CLEAN. 

SUGAR FREE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING          
1 (1.5 oz) PACKAGE SUGAR FREE INSTANT VANILLA PUDDING

1 ¾ CUPS MILK
1 (8 oz.) PACKAGE CREAM CHEESE
1 (8 oz.) CONTAINER LITE WHIPPED TOPPING 

DIRECTIONS: IN MEDIUM BOWL COMBINE PUDDING MIX AND MILK. MIX WELL AND LET STAND UNTIL THICKENED. IN A LARGE BOWL BEAT CREAM CHEESE UNTIL SMOOTH. ADD PUDDING AND MIX WELL. FOLD IN WHIPPED TOPPING.

Melanie B.
on 10/21/08 2:05 am, edited 10/21/08 2:05 am - Doylestown, PA
http://www.hungry-girl.com/chew/chewdetails.php?isid=1575

Vanilla Pumkin Cheescake - yum.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views