surgery on tuesday 10/21

ncleary24
on 10/19/08 3:40 pm - Broomall, PA
Hi everyone.

I had to cancel my surgery 3 weeks ago b/c my brother suddenly passed away the night before my surgery was scheduled. He was such a big support to me and very much in favor of my having it done. Well, I rescheduled and it's on Tuesday. I feel like the wind has come out of my sails. I'm nowhere near as scared and nervous as I was before. I know that the risk of not having the surgery is bigger than the risk of having the surgery. I read a lot of the postings and look at the before and after pictures and this web site is so encouraging. I've already lost 18 pounds from being on the protein drinks for 4 weeks.

I realize that feeling good about myself and being able to do the things I want to do are what life is all about. Carrying around this excess weight is preventing me from living the way I want to live. My brother would not want me to not go through with the surgery just b/c he is not here to support me. Quite the opposite. He was my biggest cheerleader. He told me I was going to add years to my life and was very proud that I was doing something to take charge of the quality  of my life. I feel that he will be there with me on Tuesday.

I'll write when I get home, hopefully Wednesday. I'll be on the biggest loser's bench with the rest of you.

Nancy
KellyD85
on 10/19/08 8:39 pm - Riverside, PA

Nancy,

Sorry about the sudden loss of your brother.  My thoughts and prayers go out to you at this most difficult time. Most certainly he will be with you on your big day. I applaud your strength to continue on so soon!!

Please update everyone after surgery. I will be interested in hearing how you made out.  My surg in in 6 wks from today. 

Best Wishes,

Kelly

HW/SW/CW/GW
303/275/199.4/150    ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!!      

keri2008
on 10/19/08 9:55 pm - PA
Nancy,

I am so sorry to hear about your loss.  Losing a family member on top of your top cheerleader is a lot to process.  But kudos to you for staying committed to your health and gaining strength from knowing your brother would want you to follow through.  Live life big (from your spirit now rather than your weight) and there's no bigger honor you could pay to your brother's memory.  The PA board is here for you anytime and for anything.  Let us know as soon as you get home how you're doing and how it went.  Hang in there, you'll be here on the loser's bench soon!  Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Keri
Pam Hart
on 10/19/08 10:00 pm - Easton, PA
Nancy,

I'm sorry to hear of your brothers passing.  I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers.

You will do great tomorrow and can't wait to hear that you are home and on "the bench"  Great work thus far!!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
(deactivated member)
on 10/19/08 10:04 pm
I remember you posting about your brother.  It sounds like you and he were very close.  He will be watching over you tomorrow as you go through your surgery.  Here's to a speedy recovery!

Heather G
Laureen S.
on 10/20/08 12:31 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Nancy,

So sorry about your loss, but you are right, your brother would want you to do what you can to have the best possible life and he will always be as close as your heart and memories, you have a special someone looking out for you on the other side now. . .

Hugs and best wishes for a smooth transition to the Loser's Bench tomorrow!

Prayers and positive healing vibes, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Lslaven
on 10/20/08 6:52 am - Philadelphia, PA
Nancy:
I am so sorry for your loss.  Your biggest cheerleader is still going to be right by your side tomorrow cheering you along from heaven.  You are in great hands with Dr. Dallal.  I wish you a perfect surgery with a speedy recovery.  Please keep us posted on your upcoming successing.
Linda
Kate R
on 10/20/08 9:32 am
GOOD LUCK!!!!!
so sorry for your loss.

My paperwork just went to Insurance...I am nervous

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views