chilly?

sbrunell
on 10/19/08 9:14 am - Bensalem, PA
OK. Last year, in my fluffier days, I used to take a frozen inventory at -4 degrees daily. It took about 15 minutes, and I normally didn't wear the freezer coats that were provided (they didn't zipper anyway).

All last year, I didn't wear a coat. It was never -4, so it wasn't bad.

Now this year, I don't regularly go into the freezer (haven't since July '07, so I survived last winter), but I am already cold....is this what I can expect w/ having less fluff????
Steve Brunell
RNY  5/16/08
The first day of the rest of my life
Dr. Pupkova

SPatel4
on 10/19/08 9:24 am - Levittown, PA
Steve,
Get used to this its going to be a LONG and BITTER COLD winter for all us WLS patients.

-Shilpa

People comment on my over 100 pound weight loss and attribute it to my WILLpower, but it is my WANTpower: I WANT to be thin and healthy more than anything else! 

Mary Benford
on 10/19/08 9:25 am - Emmaus, PA
HAH!

I was absolutely frozen to the bone last fall/winter, and couldn't get warm.    EVER.

it was my first "skinny" cold season, and I hated it...   and so far this year is proving to be the same.  I HATE being cold.   I wasn't ever cold before surgery, in fact, I'd sleep in the dead middle of winter with the windows open.

Norm's favorite words that I say repeatedly over and over again..  all fall/winter.... "burrrrrr"

Get used to it!

Success is a journey... not a destination!     

(deactivated member)
on 10/19/08 8:11 pm - Eastern, PA
I'm not turning on the heat yet.
(deactivated member)
on 10/19/08 10:02 pm
I am right there with you Norm!  It was 48 degrees in my house this morning....did I turn the heat on? NOPE....Not til November and the pipes aren't in danger of freezing this early in the season!  However, if someone wants to buy me oil, I would be happy to turn it on. 
Mary Benford
on 10/20/08 2:49 am - Emmaus, PA
Frostbite is great.....

really.

Success is a journey... not a destination!     

(deactivated member)
on 10/20/08 2:54 am
hey...who needs fingers or toes....really, they are useless. 
Pam Hart
on 10/19/08 10:04 pm - Easton, PA
That's ok.....just don't complain about snoopy and the dog house....

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
dawgpound215
on 10/19/08 9:48 am - Philadelphia Area, PA
sounds like my heating bill will be up around here......i was a constant turn down the thermostat guy , lol.......i work outside all day so u get impervious to the cold after a while. I bet the carharrts get put on more frequent this time around.

(deactivated member)
on 10/19/08 10:06 am
yep...get used to it.  I am cold year round now.  It is ******g me off that my co-workers (as well as the general public) are still walking around in sandals, capri's, short sleeve shirts, etc....It's f*ing October people!!!  I was down at the shore this weekend and there were kids out on the boardwalk in shorts and tee shirts....wtf....it was FREEZING!

I basically live under blankets at home....I turn the electric blanket on in bed at night and I swear, it doesn't get nearly as hot as it used too.  I, for one, do not crank up the heat.  The dogs don't like it and with the price of oil, I can't afford to be burning it up.  And besides....doesn't being cold burn more calories than being warm? LOL 

Go buy yourself some long johns...you are going to need them!

HG
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views