Quick Question...

lauraanne715
on 10/18/08 8:35 am - Pottstown, PA
When I had my follow up with Dr.P my bloodwork had not been faxed over yet--so they sent me my results by mail I have a Vitamin D deficiency so they sent a prescription for a pill I am supposed to take 1x a week.  Anyways, I filled the prescription and it is this little blue gel type pill....My question is can I take it?? Has Dr. P prescribed this for anyone else? I am slightly confused here...Thanks for your help!

Much luv!!
Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

SPatel4
on 10/18/08 10:27 am - Levittown, PA
Hi Laura,
The same thing happened to me the last time at my 6 month check up with Dr. P. I got a prescription for 4 pills of Vitamin D. Apparently this is very common in WLS patient. I have posted this question on the message board in the past and Tammy and some of the others on this board have given me a wealth of information.  This subject was also brought up a couple of months ago by others at the Barix support group meeting. Just take the little blue gel type pill and discuss your levels at your next visit. I brought this up last week at my 9 month check up and Dr P said that my levels are now fine. Sunshine is also good for getting your Vitamin D levels up. Good Luck!

-Shilpa

People comment on my over 100 pound weight loss and attribute it to my WILLpower, but it is my WANTpower: I WANT to be thin and healthy more than anything else! 

Pam Hart
on 10/18/08 11:42 am - Easton, PA
If Dr. P was the one who prescribed it, I would figure it would be ok.  You could always call her and ask.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
BuCwiLd
on 10/18/08 1:43 pm, edited 10/18/08 1:43 pm - pocono lake, PA
On October 18, 2008 at 6:42 PM Pacific Time, Pam P. wrote: If Dr. P was the one who prescribed it, I would figure it would be ok.  You could always call her and ask.

Pam i second this opinion :)

Geisinger online support
tammypa
on 10/19/08 10:45 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Laura,
Apparently the Vitamin D deficiency happens to alot of us. I think Eileen also had it. I had to take the prescription every day for two weeks. So - yes it is okay to take. You should be fine after this. I did not have to get the prescription again - my levels are now okay.
Tammy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views