****Saturday Roll Call****

Patricia R.
on 10/17/08 3:16 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning Everyone,
I am up late dealing with post-nasal drip.  For three months, I could not get my swollen sinuses to drain.  Now, they won't stop, and I have a terrible sore throat and I am choking on the drips.  Such is the life of an allergy sufferer.  When will I outgrow this set of allergies?  Don't get me wrong.  I see this as a nuisance illness, one that I really should not whine about.  I have dear friends who have to deal with life and death stuff, like breast cancer and blood clots.  My own brothers succumbed to the latter.  My stuff is just nuisance stuff, and to whine is just not right. 

So, on to Saturday's agenda.  I have an appointment with my therapist, then I have to go to the post office to mail a package.  After that, I must come home and finish some gift baskets for the Special Olympics Dinner Bingo on Tuesday.  All are still invited.  PM me for the details.  It is a great fund raiser for a great cause.  I still have to complete that baby blanket too. 

It is going to be a boring sports weekend.  The only good thing, which I love, is Penn State is playing Michigan at 4:30.  I love watching Penn State football.  But, what is there to watch on Sunday.  The Eagles have a bye, and the World Series does not start till Wednesday.  I guess I will have to watch my DVDs of JAG reruns.  LOL  I guess I could clean my bedroom and put laundry away. 

I hope everyone has a terrific weekend.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Gail M.
on 10/17/08 3:36 pm - Scranton, PA
Trish,
   I'm still up also.  I just got home a little while ago from some haunted houses, etc.  Saturday will be an interesting day for me.  I'm on call this weekend and I'm hoping that if I do get called out, it will be earlier instead of later.
  My sister is coming in from Ohio, and we are going up to Mount Airy to have a massage and a facial.  Then she will go the the buffet with my other sister.  No sense in me wasting my time or money going to that.  Then we will do a little (hopefully a little) bit of gambling.  It should be a fun time!!!  Girls evening on the town.

Gail

Patricia R.
on 10/17/08 3:43 pm - Perry, MI
Hey Gail,
I see you are in Scranton.  I am heading up there on the 15th of November.  Mom lives in Wilkes Barre, and I have a continuing education workshop I am attending at some hotel in Scranton on Saturday.  I have never actually been in the city of Scranton, though I have been in Wilkes Barre most of my life at least once a year.  Mom grew up there and Dad grew up in Sugar Notch, if you know where that is.  I spent a summer in Sugar Notch after Hurricane Agnes destroyed most of the valley. 

Sorry to babble.  Good luck with the gambling.   Hope you win big.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Gail M.
on 10/17/08 3:49 pm - Scranton, PA
Trish,
   Yes, of course I know Sugar Notch.  This area is only so big!!!  Scranton has come a long way the past few years.  Which hotel?  Is it at the new Hilton, or the Radison.  Both are nice but the Raddison is an old train station and the main lobby is really beautiful.
   Thanks for the luck.  I will need it.
Gail

jojobear98
on 10/17/08 8:30 pm, edited 10/17/08 8:30 pm - Gettysburg, PA
Good morning all. I woke up to coughing up ungodly amounts of phlegm and blowing my nose so much I was afraid my brain was leaking.........but enough about that......LOL

I am up early today. I helped my sweetie pack up all the tailgating food in his car and kissed him as he headed off to the track EARLY!

I will be getting showered and ready and then getting kiddos up and showered. Then dropping my oldest son off for a sleepover, taking my daughter to my SIL for the day and then me and my 9 year old are off to the track for the day. He is kinda excited that it's just him and I today, no other siblings. That doesn't happen much. LOL

Then it's going to be a chilly day but a fun one. I will have to search for a coat or jacket that will cover my preggo belly. LOL..... I don't want to freeze today and god knows, I am always cold. But I will find a way to keep warm. I intend on having several cups of my coffee to keep warm!

Hope everyone has a wonderful saturday.

When life hands you lemons, ask for tequila & salt and give me a call!

mcnotk
on 10/17/08 8:39 pm
Wow you just brought back a really good memory mentioning Sugar Notch.  My very good friend and I went to her sisters graduation from the Culinary Institute of America in Poughkeepsie years ago.. Her partents were in California and couldn't attend so we went to represent.    Anyway after spending the evening celebrating with the soon to be graduates we attended graduatuation which (since a cooking school) was a 4 or 5 course meal.  Trust me when I say after an evening of celebrating some of the food choices didn't really appeal (i.e. cold green soup)...   Well on the way home (I think it was a Friday Evening) there was lots of road construction on 81 and my friends car had a problem right at the sugar notch exit.. we atually glided until we could not any longer and pulled off in front of a row of houses.  I went looking for an open garage ..     While checking things out something fell from the car (fire) and believe it or not a fire truck on the way to a parade drove by and put out the little fire (she had backed the car off the sludge that was burning) ...   Anyway this wonderful couple that lived in the house where we broke down, took us in (actually overnight) .. the husband was a mechanic and took the car in to get fixed (yes it was not a quick fix) .. my friends boyfriend came to get us early the next morning ... he had to much to drink for the long drive from Mechanicsburg...   Anyway I remember having pizza, stromboli and beer with this couple and the friends who stopped by.. they taught us a card game (up the river) ..   They had an infant baby so when we went back for the car be brought baby gifts.  It was so kind of them to put us up overnight complete strangers. 

Anyway it is a great memory thanks for bringing it to the surface again.  Maria

lauraanne715
on 10/17/08 9:49 pm - Pottstown, PA
Good morning!!!

Well today has me dying my hair, doing laundry, going to Best Buy to return a wireless card--which killed my laptop!!! It was the wrong card and did not go into the slot but when hubby tried to take it out a spring or something came  loose and is rolling around on the inside and fried the laptop because apparently the laptops are REALLY REALLY sensitive to that sort of stuff...sigh....

So here I am on my hubby's computer and will have to wait a few says for my new PINK laptop to arrive...arrgg though--all my stuff on the old laptop is lost but I shall recover I think!! So I have to use hubby's for a few days or steal my step daughters old one for a few days....

Other than that--just mentally preparing for the in laws visit.  THANKS to everyone who sent good wishes and encouragement!! I really do appreciate it!!

So other than the usual errands, laundry, and grading tests Saturday is pretty quiet for me!!  Hope everyone has a great day!!!

Much luv!
Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

Laureen S.
on 10/17/08 10:45 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Good Morning Trish and PA Posters!

I know how it feels to have that post nasal drip and the sore throat that goes along with it, I've had it so bad that it affected my ears and I could barely hear out of either of them about 2 years ago. . .  for some reason since I've had WLS, I have not experienced my allergies as bad, thank GOD!  Have you ever tried Nasinex?  That did wonders for me, along with, believe it or not Afrin, which my PCP told me would help, I thought, yeah right, well guess what, 3 days after I started using it, I felt a world of better, hope you find some relief soon!

Well my day today had me up early to water my seeded lawn, after I get off of here, I am going to eat breakfast, take a shower and go shopping for some slacks that fit me, I received a gift certificate from the birthday club at work back in June, saved it for when I needed new clothing at smaller sizes and the time is now for work slacks and JCPenney"s is having a sale, so I will be going there, then picking up one of my AA friends who has one year left on her suspended license, taking her shopping, then we will be coming back here to trim back my flower bed, have a bite to ea****ch a movie and this evening we will be attending our Women's AA meeting, after which we usually go to Friendly's for some hang out time, then I will take her home and go to bed (lol). . .  It's going to be a great day! 

Hope you all have a great day too!

Hugs, prayers and positive thoughts, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

CherylT
on 10/17/08 11:50 pm - Perkasie, PA
Morning all,

My nose is running too and my right eye is red, watery and it hurts. :(

(I have to wear my glasses which are very thick-lensed and slide off my face because of my weight loss my head is narrower!!...lol.)

I had a good night at work last night. Today I am doin my workout, laundry, studying, going to Costco, putting up Halloween decorations, and going to work tonight. They finally found the diamond ring that was missing and now everyone is nice again. heh.

Love and hugs to you all.

ktreavis
on 10/18/08 12:06 am - PA

Good Morning -

I have already done my part ime job, been to the gym and to Walmart this morning. I have a lot of proofreading to do today for a couple of my staff members, they have a big test this week and have to turn in a portfolio that needs some help. So I am getting ready to do that now. Then I will be trying to get some things together in the house in preparation for our move. I have been putting it off and now it HAS to be done. I am also trying to get things together for my NEW job.....I have to write my resignation letters and decide how I am going to go about all of that. I have been at my place for 5 years and it is going to be pretty emotional leaving there. Anyhow, hope you all have a great day. - Katie

Progress not perfection

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views