I have a few pouch questions

FlourPower
on 10/16/08 11:33 pm - PA
O.K. ladies I have a few questions about my pouch.

First let me say that I have not lost any weight for three weeks.  Does that bother me??? Yep you bet it does BUT...I also know that stalls are normal and I am "feeling" smaller and when I did a few measurements I did go down in inches so that's a very good thing.  I'll get smaller one way or another.

Anyway, this is my question (I'm 8 months out )

I can eat 2oz. of protein and some veggies or salad and not have that "full" feeling.  My dr told me not to increase my amount that I'm eating if I'm satisfied and don't feel hungry.  Well.....I've never felt hungry since surgery!!!  So, I'm confused.....I don't know if my stall is related to my low in take of food or if it's just a normal stall.  Do you understand what I mean????

Have any of you ladies or gent experienced this?  My NUT assured me that I'm doing things correctly.  You know if that STUPID SCALE would just move I wouldn't be having any questions about what I'm doing!!  And I do know that I shouldn't weigh myself all of the time like I do but before surgery I never would weigh myself so this is all pretty new to me.....LOL!!

Thanks for reading this and giving a heads up to me!!

Chrissy

Oh, I put new pics in my profile.  They are my eight month out pics.  See ya!!

[

Pam Hart
on 10/16/08 11:37 pm - Easton, PA
Your new avatar is great by the way!

If you are hitting your protein goals and what not than I wouldn't be to alarmed.  Stalls happen and they suck but you have already noted changes in your clothes and your inches, so that's good.

The only thing I could suggest would be to vary your meals.  meaning if normally you eat mostly chicken, switch it up to beef or fish or dairy.  Keep your body guessing.  Also I don't know if you are exercising...if you are, change that up too.  Even taking a different walking route can be enough to get your body to not know what is going on and drop the weight.  If you aren't exercising - start and start now!

Hang in there.  As Laureen will attest, she was recently in a stall for just about 3 mos I believe...and she did everything...changed it up....followed the program...yadda yadda yadda.  She did ultimately up the exercise and that seemed to do the trick.

I say if you are comfortable where you are with your serving sizes, no need to increase it especially if your nut is ok w/ what you are doing.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Nicole0216
on 10/18/08 4:14 am - Lancaster, PA
I would not increase sounds good with what you are doing.

it is a normal stall they happen dont worry,

you could up your excercise that tends to help
FlourPower
on 10/19/08 3:01 am - PA
Yep, I plan on uping the exercise.  I'd love to have my entire day just to do what I "want to do" and I would have so much more time..LOL!!!

I'll hang in there.  I don't have a choice....

THanks a lot for the help,

Chrissy

[

Pam Hart
on 10/19/08 3:13 am - Easton, PA
If you find a way to get your days to be just being what you want them to be - can you please fill us in?
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views