I found one! GOOD Brown sugar substitute

Liz R.
on 10/17/08 1:14 am - Easton, PA
OK SO I know we had a few posts about this a week or 2 ago, well I ordered Diabetisweet - Brown Sugar substitute, and it actually tastes good! I made an apple crisp with it and the topping baked up perfect, just like it would have with the real deal and it tasted VERY similar! My husband ate it and liked it as well. I will have to try it in something like cookies and see how it handles itself but I give it 2 thumbs up so far!

Liz
DarDar
on 10/17/08 1:24 am - exton, PA
I sue a different brand, and I put it in fat free cream cheese and put on light english muffens....YUMMM!
339/197/124 (yeah...right)
Liz R.
on 10/17/08 1:28 am - Easton, PA
what brand do you use? I was using the Splenda but it makes me dump
DarDar
on 10/17/08 1:30 am - exton, PA
Splenda is the one I use.  I'm almost 3 years out and I don't really have a problem with sugar as I used too...Ahhh the good old days! LOL
339/197/124 (yeah...right)
Pam Hart
on 10/17/08 1:32 am - Easton, PA
Thanks for the review, Liz.  Is it the same sort of texture as regular brown sugar?

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Liz R.
on 10/17/08 1:53 am - Easton, PA
Pam - it is a bit drier (more like corn meal, not as moist or "packable" as traditional brown sugar) but it does measure cup for cup the same.
sbrunell
on 10/17/08 2:15 am - Bensalem, PA
Liz, I just learned that the Diabetisweet is really just Splenda and Sugar Free Maple Syrup.  You might want to try that instead!
Steve Brunell
RNY  5/16/08
The first day of the rest of my life
Dr. Pupkova

Liz R.
on 10/17/08 3:51 am - Easton, PA

Steve- I checked the ingredients - Diabetisweet is made with isomalt, I think that splenda is sucralose -I'll have to check it out though! Thanks!

Liz

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views