New and Scared as the Dickens

Happy to be in
Onederland

on 10/17/08 10:41 pm, edited 10/17/08 10:41 pm

Here are a few places to buy sample packets of protein powders.  Remember it must be low fat, no caffeine & no more than 2 grams of sugar.

VitaLady.com

Unjury.com

Betterbodz.com

BariatricEating.com

There are more places, but that is all that comes to mind right now.

Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant.

BuCwiLd
on 10/18/08 5:13 am - pocono lake, PA
Im in the pre stages also, all i can say is do as much research as you can. ive read three books and statred my own site. Im not to concerned, fear will prob hit once i hear im approved.. if i do? :(
kredfern
on 10/19/08 10:46 am
I am almost 6 weeks out from LAP RNY surgery and a Dr. Boe patient.  You will be in good hands, don't worry!  Dr. Boe is a wonderful surgeon and makes you feel at ease from the moment you arrive on surgery day.  What can I say, the 10 day liquid diet was hard for me.  I stuck to the plan the best I could.  The first 4 days were the hardest,  but then your body realizes it wont starve and it gets a bit easier.  Dr. Boe really likes you to loose weight during this diet so he has more room to do the surgery laporscopically.  As for the diet after surgery, you will get that information at your PATS.  Don't buy too much of anything, as your tastes may change after surgery.  I think Barix sells a sample set of protein powders that I suggest you try.  As for the surgery itself, I feel I was pretty lucky.  I was in very little pain and had very little gas.  I did take Phazyme (little gel pills) twice a day for about a week to keep the gas away.  This was my first surgery experience and I was pleasantly surprised.  If you have any other questions, please let me know.  I look forward to following your journey!    
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views