New and Scared as the Dickens

kilkrox
on 10/17/08 12:35 am - PA
 I am scheduled for sugery in November.  So full of all the feelings I read on the posts.  Anyone having surgery at Barix in November.  Any tips for the first weeks of nutrition?  I know I am doing the right thing. I just can't wrap my brain around the first weeks out, they sound the toughest and I want to be prepared.   Cupboards full with the right things and support.  Come one come all bearing advice
Liz R.
on 10/17/08 2:01 am - Easton, PA

WElcome to the most wonderfully supportive spot on the net!

I won't lie - the first  few weeks are the roughest - it is ALL SO WORTH it though. When you think about it - what diet that we have done in the past isn't hard? To be best prepared have on hand, chicken broth, beef broth, sugar free popcicles, sugar free fudgecicles, small amounts of protein as you will find that your tastes majorly change after surgery!, and crystal light.

We will all be here to share in your journey and have all stood where you are today!

Sit back and enjoy - it is going to be a wild ride but oh so worth it! WE are here to lean on whenever you need us.

Liz

(deactivated member)
on 10/17/08 2:30 am
You've gotten great responses from the other posters, so I jsut wanted to say Congratulations on your up coming surgery!!  Barix and Dr. Boe are great.  You will love the nursing staff!

HG
BuCwiLd
on 10/18/08 12:19 am, edited 10/18/08 12:20 am - pocono lake, PA
I hear ya buddy! I also am freaking out over what may happen..But i pretty layed back right now, when i an insurance approval thats when ill begin to freak

Geisinger Support Group site
Nicole0216
on 10/18/08 4:18 am - Lancaster, PA
i was as scared as you can get and I was ok. It will be alright. It is normal to be afraid.
you need very few things initially so dont overdo it
some protein powder,
some water
yogurts
i was eating out of a 1/2 cup measuring cup.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views