2 year follow up/Dr. Brader's new office

(deactivated member)
on 10/16/08 10:17 am, edited 10/16/08 10:21 am
I saw Dr. Brader for my two year follow up today.  Great office, great staff, much nicer drive than going to  Barix LOL  I will take Amish buggies over the traffic on the turnpike and route 1 any day!!

Over all the visit was great.  The only thing was, their scale weighed me TEN POUNDS heavier than mine did this morning!!!    Granted, I did have clothes on, and had just had lunch out with Nicole, but 10 fricking pounds??  I object!!! 5 or 6 pounds I can accept, but not 10 LOL  I will continue to go by my scale which I have been using for the past two years.

Regardless....The visit was great.  Like I said, the staff is wonderful.  I found out I am doing everything I should beI was concerned about the amount of carbs I get in, but the NUT said I was doing well and can even go up a bit more.  I am still malabsorbing, which is good in my book.....My labs were perfect except for my vitamin D....I have to take 4000 IU's of D for the next 8 weeks and then I should be back on track....the liver stores vitamin D for a year so once the 8 weeks is over, I can go back to getting it through the sun, foods with D and my multi vits.  The exercise guy, Greg, said I am doing what I should be doing to get the most benefit out of my exercise.  Dr. Brader said I am "perfect" where I am,  ie...I am very very healthy at the weight I am at.  I went from a 54 or 55 BMI to a 32 (according to them, but a 30 according to my weight at home).  I still have 35 pounds  that I want to lose for now...and I will re-evaluate when I hit that goal.  The weight the charts "say" i should be is 20 pounds less than my original goal....we will see about that.  I am more concerned with how I feel about myself and my body than what the scale says or the size of my clothes.  My blood pressure is perfect....my heart rate was 56....my HR used to be up in the 80s!!  56 isn't even my resting HR...I will have to take it tomorrow before I get out of bed.  What else......Greg also took my measurements....

I lost 4 inches in my neck
21 inches in my waist (WOW)
15 1/4 inches off my hips
10 1/4 inches off my right thigh
I have lost 24/25 BMI points
I have lost 143 pounds
But...i have gained sooo much more :)

I do need to have an upper GI because of some re-occurring pain in my upper Left quadrant and, the next time I get the pain, I need to go to the ER so they can get images of it while its acting up.  Nothing to panic over, yet something to keep an eye on. 

Overall, I have done very well over the last two years and I am extremely happy with the results so far.  I can't wait to see what the next year brings!!

OK...I am off to the gym to run again.  It's becoming an addition LOL

HG
Laura D.
on 10/16/08 10:41 am - Pottstown, PA
WOW that was inspirational!  Thanks for sharing and keep it up!
(deactivated member)
on 10/17/08 2:38 am
Thanks Laura!
jarsam
on 10/16/08 11:05 am
Wow!  That sure was inspiring.  I am only 9 weeks out. I am enjoying each day but I am really looking forward to getting where you are.  I can't wait for someone to tell me I am right where I should be.  Congratulations!!
Michele
(deactivated member)
on 10/17/08 2:39 am
Thanks Michele....You will be 2 years out  before you know it!  enjoy the ride!
Arlene E.
on 10/16/08 12:06 pm - Philadelphia, PA

Heather

Sounds like you had a good visit.  Your statistics are great signs of great success.  Your comments about the weight charts are interesting.  We discussed that last night at Barix meeting.  Many are still obsessed with the scale and what the charts say.  I agree with you that we need to be concerned with how we feel about our body.  I think it is important to reach a weight that we think we can maintain for life.  It must be realistic for who we are.   You have come a long way and despite the ups and downs you continue to look towards your goals.  I admire you for your ability to make so many positive changes in your life.

Continue successing!!!!!!

arlene 

(deactivated member)
on 10/17/08 2:42 am
thanks Arlene!  Why is it that everyone focuses so much on numbers rather than how they feel?  Whatever we want isn't necessarily what our bodies are going to allow.  I would rather be happy with where I am/end up, then send precious time being miserable over a stinking number!

HG
bubble273
on 10/16/08 12:23 pm - Levittown, PA
Heather,

That is fantastic news!!!!  You are going so strong and are doing so well, especially recently with setting new goals for yourself and achieving one with going to Karate.  You continue to be an inspiration.  Keep up the great work!!!

Karen

(deactivated member)
on 10/17/08 2:46 am
Thanks Karen.  I am loving that kaarate....I want to karate chop everything LOL....the dogs think I am crazy.

hg
Dennis Belk
on 10/16/08 12:40 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Hey HG,
You'll always get the real deal from Dr. Brader and that staff is top notch too. You've done sooo well. Now do you believe it? It's true! It's okay to believe it and go on to more successing. You've always worked hard at this and the results speak loud. Along the way you've also supported soooo many of us in soooo many ways. You have the most brilliant sense of humor around and we would not be the same without you here. I'm soooo glad you're soooo healthy because we are gonna need you around here for a long time.

Later,

Dennis 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views