Thanks for a great first meeting w/ you all @ Barix

GD_007
on 10/16/08 12:50 pm - Drexel Hill, PA
Dude - you WILL win.  You're starting to surround yourself with all the battle hardened WLS knowledge better than Sun Tsu's Art of War (another great book)!!

I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight.  
- General George Patton Jr

dawgpound215
on 10/16/08 12:57 pm - Philadelphia Area, PA
Actually ive read the art o war...........great book , great strategy for life

CherylT
on 10/16/08 1:15 pm, edited 10/16/08 1:16 pm - Perkasie, PA
Glad you enjoyed it, and keep coming back! I think, iirc, you were a couple of rows in front of me, but I didn't recognize you. I'm dorky like that.

dawgpound215
on 10/16/08 1:18 pm - Philadelphia Area, PA
Hi Cheryl............Thanks and ill see you next time hopefully and read your posts here in the meantime.....     -Patrick

Laureen S.
on 10/16/08 2:10 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Hi Patrick,

Glad you came to the support group last night, and while I didn't get to meet you, I do believe you were sitting right behind me. . .  sorry, guess I was kind of swept up in the moment and the topics at the meeting were so good.  Anyway, now there will be more choices and I am so excited to see more and more men show up for support, while the ratio of men to women is still off kilter, in time, hopefully men will see the benefits and need for support.  I truly believe this journey is made more real and easier with support!

So looking forward to seeing you again soon and next time I will introduce myself!

Best wishes on your journey, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

dawgpound215
on 10/16/08 2:15 pm - Philadelphia Area, PA

Hi Laureen,

Thanks again. Everything you said was correct. Congratulations on your year anniversary! If you dont do it 1st , I'll make sure I intro myself next time. Look fwd to reading your posts in between the next meeting. Best of Luck !    -Patrick

tammypa
on 10/16/08 10:14 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Patrick,
It was good to see again at the meeting. Hope you continue to come out. There is so
much support and I am sure you can get more battle strategies. If you and Arlene get the
skinny latte club going - count me in. It is my new addiction,
Tammy
dawgpound215
on 10/17/08 11:43 pm - Philadelphia Area, PA
Hi Tammy,
Was great to see you again also. Sounds like the skinny latte thing might take on a life of its own.....  Thanks, Patrick

Sweetkatie
on 10/16/08 10:23 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Hi Patrick..

I got to spend some time and talk with you and I'm really glad you made your way over to say Hi.  I'm new to this whole thing too and to have so many people with so many great things to say really made my night... I hope to see you and everyone else on a much more regular basis!  I love how you compare your weight loss journey to a war... A little male perspective is good :)  haha.  See ya again soon...!
5 years post-op (September 19th 2005)

Back on track... and enjoying the ride
dawgpound215
on 10/17/08 11:47 pm - Philadelphia Area, PA
Hi Katie,

Listening to your story and others was invaluable help with going fwd in this journey. I look forward to reading your posts and speaking in person at the next meeting. The pics you have posted on here and ur myspace are incredible, when i see people make such wonderful accomplishments it gives me confidence that I too can succeed. Talk to ya soon....

-Patrick

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views