Thanks for a great first meeting w/ you all @ Barix

dawgpound215
on 10/16/08 7:14 am - Philadelphia Area, PA
Hello everyone, it was my pleasure to meet many of you for the first time ( some the 2nd) as that was my first meeting with you all. I got to introduce myself to some of you but not everyone , theres always next time.... For myself whos not even 3 months out yet it was so interesting to hear the obstacles and issues many of you have encountered at varying lengths out from surgery. 2008 for me has been a year of ups and downs , both figuratively and literally. I finally for the 1st time in a very long time have gotten my head out of my ass and recognized what I had done to myself with food. My philosophy on my journey here with WLS surgery is this. I was losing the war with obesity and losing bad. Finally I did what was necessary and went nuclear. Now the enemy is in retreat and I am re-taking territory that had been surrendered long ago. To quote a famous general "I dont like paying for the same real estate twice". All of the experiances , and tales from the front are helping me prepare for tomorrows battles. I appreciate it more than you might realise. 124 lbs gone forever and I am bound and determined to never give that back nor the rest to come. I just realised thats like 3 and 1/2 of my dogs 35lb dog food bags?!?!?!?!  I truly look forward to seeing you all next time and chatting with you in between. For those of you I havent had the pleasure of conversing with yet , dont be a stranger.        -Patrick

Pam Hart
on 10/16/08 7:17 am - Easton, PA
Patrick,

I did not know you were there last night but glad you could make it and could come away with a positive experience.

As was mentioned at the meeting, I am in the process of moving to pa on Nov 1.  I hope to be able to make the Nov wed meeting....but it will depend on my work schedule which I do not know at this point and also how stressed I am and how much work will still need to be done at the new place.

Hope to get to talk to you soon!

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
lauraanne715
on 10/16/08 7:20 am - Pottstown, PA
Hi Patrick
I didn't get to meet you last night but I like what you said about the enemy being in retreat!  Hopefully I will get to meet you at the next meeting!! You sound like you are doing great! Keep up all the hard work!

Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

dawgpound215
on 10/16/08 10:09 am - Philadelphia Area, PA
Hey Laura,  Yeah I didnt get to chat w/ you, we will have to change that next time. Thanks for the compliments. Right back at ya!

-Patrick

dawgpound215
on 10/16/08 7:25 am - Philadelphia Area, PA
Yeah I was the mysterious handsome stranger donning Phillies pinstripes ......my modesty knows no bounds...........lol..........Welcome to Pennsylvania Pam, I am glad you survived the People's Republic of New Jersey!!!

Arlene E.
on 10/16/08 8:06 am - Philadelphia, PA

Hey Patrick

It's always nice getting to know fellow coffee addicts.  Good seeing you at the meeting and keep up the good work.

arlene 

dawgpound215
on 10/16/08 9:08 am - Philadelphia Area, PA
Hey Arlene

Great to see and speak with you again last nite. Good luck with your plastics you mentioned. Maybe you and I can start a coffee clutch of membes here? Invade a starbucks and hang out and have a mini meeting of sorts? I dunno, brainstorming here.

-Patrick

p.s.  Return the cup ........LOL

Arlene E.
on 10/16/08 11:40 am - Philadelphia, PA

Oops - cup is in the dumpster at my condo.  About the starbucks invasion- great idea.  I hear they are finally opening one near me at Grant and Academy, right near my gym.   I will certainly be spending lots of money on my Skinny Lattes.

arlene  

dawgpound215
on 10/16/08 11:45 am - Philadelphia Area, PA
Where are they moving into in that development? interesting....hmm......skinny lattes are my new obsession....we will have to work on this coffee clutch idea .....im such a weirdo i woulda kept that red robin mug...lol....

(deactivated member)
on 10/17/08 12:48 am
Arlene isn't time we finally get a Starbucks in the Northeast....I am looking forward to it!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views