am I making myself crazy

sbrunell
on 10/16/08 3:18 am - Bensalem, PA
Oh, just a few hours ago, I posted how excited I was to be 95 lbs less than when I started.....then it dawned on me.

Tuesday, is my 5 month mark. Now I want my century card on that day......am I just driving myself crazy..?

If I am, it's not a long trip.
Steve Brunell
RNY  5/16/08
The first day of the rest of my life
Dr. Pupkova

GD_007
on 10/16/08 3:31 am - Drexel Hill, PA

hahahaha - yes, you might be.  I didn't recall you hit 5 months this coming Tuesday.  Perhaps the 6 month mark (11/21) might be a more realistic target for 100lbs lost.  As well, since 11/21 is right before Thanksgiving you'll possibly be motivated during the holidays to stay focused and not over-induldge.

Just my $0.02....

-GD

Lslaven
on 10/16/08 4:12 am - Philadelphia, PA
Calm down boy.......Rome was not built in a day.  100 pounds of loss will happen if not by Tuesday sometime in the near future.  Enjoy the journey and don't stress out.
Linda
Pam Hart
on 10/16/08 4:54 am - Easton, PA
Yes you are driving yourself crazy and you are setting yourself for some hard feelings later down the road when you plateau or stall or stop losing so fast...and you have to literally work your A$$ off for each single calorie lost.

Ditch the scale steve.

Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
(deactivated member)
on 10/16/08 5:48 am
Steve,

Yes, you are obsessing over a number instead of being happy that you lost 95 pounds in 5 months. You will get to the 100 pounds just relax and do not focus on the number part of it so much. You will get your century card just be patient because the more you stress over it the longer it will take to arrive at that number.

Focus on the success of today instead of kicking like a baby on what you want tomorrow.
Sweetkatie
on 10/16/08 10:36 pm - Philadelphia, PA
You're totally making yourself crazy! and setting yourself up for disappointment... I know we all have these ideals of "wouldn't it be great if..." but you can't put a time limit on it, mainly because your body doesn't care about your time table.  It will shed that 5lbs whenever it feels like it and setting a goal like that for yourself that you can't MAKE happen is just gonna bum you out.  If you're a goal setter.. like I am, you should set goals you can control... Like shooting to excercise at least 3 times a week or when you workout deciding to work up to a higher speed on the treadmill or extra 10lbs on the weight machine. 
5 years post-op (September 19th 2005)

Back on track... and enjoying the ride
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views